Gaslight Village - East Grand Rapids

GRDadof3

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that the bike shop in Ada is planning to open a new location in one of the Jade Pig buildings.

That would be cool, is it confirmed that Jade Pig purchased the D&W plaza?? If so can we look forward to another redevelopment project of this magnitude in a couple of years??

That would be cool, is it confirmed that Jade Pig purchased the D&W plaza?? If so can we look forward to another redevelopment project of this magnitude in a couple of years??

I've heard nothing on the purchase since this GR Press article:

http://tinyurl.com/k4wls

If Ada Bike opened a new shop in GLV, I'd be a happy man. They run a great shop in Ada Village.

I still have to wonder how easily they'll fill those spots....the economy being what it is and all, people aren't exactly overjoyed at the idea of starting new businesses. I'd personally be disapointed with national chains too, so I'm holding out hope for unique, local shops....and a good Detroit Coney Island (Kerby's?).

I still have to wonder how easily they'll fill those spots....the economy being what it is and all, people aren't exactly overjoyed at the idea of starting new businesses. I'd personally be disapointed with national chains too, so I'm holding out hope for unique, local shops....and a good Detroit Coney Island (Kerby's?).

Welcome suydam! Why, how's the economy doing?

I heard that the bike shop in Ada is planning to open a new location in one of the Jade Pig buildings.

Had breakfast this morning above the ADA Bike shop in Ada. They have a sign in their window announcing the EGR site opening soon.

I am fairly new here ...will be moving to EGR in September...Appreciate all the news updates on the developments... I suppose a nice bookstore would be out of the question?

I don't know about a bookshop, but the Library has just gone through a massive renovation and should be opening in early August. It is situated on the lake with a plaza/deck that opens up to the lake. I have heard that there will be a coffee shop in the new library and that they will be receiving a large number of new books and material considering that they are what 3 times (??) the size that they use to be.

I am fairly new here ...will be moving to EGR in September...Appreciate all the news updates on the developments... I suppose a nice bookstore would be out of the question?

Welcome :) (a few months ahead of time).

Though it's not within walking distance, there's a great book store in downtown GR now. You'd have to drive there, but there's a ramp with free parking (60 min.)

http://www.riverbankbooksgr.com/

As long as we are talking about bookshops outside of EGR but nearby I should mention Argos. Here is a quick description from 10BEST.com

1405 Robinson Rd SE, East Grand Rapids, MI 49506

I took in the EGR fireworks last night, and I have to say that the gaslight village is going to be beautifully transformed by what I saw last night. I loved the closed in "city street" feel when walking back to the car last night, especially with the throngs of people walking along with me. Normally I feel claustrophobic in situations like that, but the design of the sidewalks and the shop fronts really set me at easy walking with the crowd last night. Kudos to Jade Pig for the Wealthy St streetfront layout on this project.

It's looking like EGR will have a nice downtown district to wander about when this project wraps up. :thumbsup:

I don't know about a bookshop, but the Library has just gone through a massive renovation and should be opening in early August. It is situated on the lake with a plaza/deck that opens up to the lake. I have heard that there will be a coffee shop in the new library and that they will be receiving a large number of new books and material considering that they are what 3 times (??) the size that they use to be.

Does this mean we can expect our 3rd Starbucks here in EGR. :lol:

$tarbuck$ - You should never have to cross the street for a good cup of joe.

On that note, I would love a good local coffee house ala Kava House or Wealthy St. Bakery. Actually Wealthy Street Bakery over in Heritage Hill is an awesome place. I keep hoping East End Pastries will expand and turn into a place like that.

$tarbuck$ - You should never have to cross the street for a good cup of joe.

I don't think I've ever used those two words in the same sentence. Just give me my Mobil gas station coffee black for $.65 please. $3 for a cup of Starbucks sludge. Sheesh.

You may see another Beaners there. They're growing like crazy!

I don't think I've ever used those two words in the same sentence. Just give me my Mobil gas station coffee black for $.65 please. $3 for a cup of Starbucks sludge. Sheesh.

Isn't Beaner's owned by a Kalamazoo native?

I agree. Blake's gives me a 20 oz. refill every morning for only 50 cents and I don't have to wait 5 minutes for him to make someone's $4.50 mocha whipped cream chocolate java caramel Jim Beam latte.

I agree. Blake's gives me a 20 oz. refill every morning for only 50 cents and I don't have to wait 5 minutes for him to make someone's $4.50 mocha whipped cream chocolate java caramel Jim Beam latte.

Jim Beam in a Latte? Sign me up! :rofl:

Reminds me of a college roommate who started every day with a shot of whiskey in his coffee. :wacko:

How Juvenile!!!!! Around here we use Carolan's...... :D

Yeah, my roommate used some irish whiskey that I can't remember. I was more of a fan of cheap whiskeys back then, 5 o'clock high, Black Velvet and Seagrams to name a few. Crown on the rocks or some nice 15-20 year old scotch is acceptable now.

On that note, I would love a good local coffee house ala Kava House or Wealthy St. Bakery. Actually Wealthy Street Bakery over in Heritage Hill is an awesome place. I keep hoping East End Pastries will expand and turn into a place like that.

We gave it a go for the first year we were open here. We still serve everything, 90% of the people in gaslight love Starbucks so when we got our liquor license we changed our hours.

You can now have a shot of anything you want in your coffee or have an espresso martini!

We gave it a go for the first year we were open here. We still serve everything, 90% of the people in gaslight love Starbucks so when we got our liquor license we changed our hours.

You can now have a shot of anything you want in your coffee or have an espresso martini!

And the pizza is excellant too!!

Archived