Norfolk Development 2

vdogg

It does seem like they fair far better with their lowrise projects, even though they have similar amounts of condos. 388 is 90% sold right? Any idea on the figures for colonnades (sp?) ?

I'd have to look into it, i'm house/condo hunting, that's how i know 388 is still available. 388, Harbor Heights, Granby Tower all had units available on MLS listings, exact percentages i'll try and find out.

But it looks like i'm going to wind up buying a condo in Chesapeake.... <_<

Edited by spiker3

Thanks OT!!! :thumbsup:

Notes...

- The old Hilton Rendering is still in here (fairly certain)

- A rendering of the Franklin building, old Social Services building (plus parking lot)

If that's really what's left of the Kotarides, i'm gonna cry

and the intiatives page for St Pauls Quandrant

Principle corridors are growing and big box users are welcome.
Edited by spiker3

My oh my! They appear to have used our doctored version of Willy's photo for the Granby Tower depiction in that big pdf. Glad we could be of help.

I noticed that too. They've also used it in that other pdf Okinawa posted. Now if they can start using some of our tips about what to actually build downtown. And is it me, or was Rivers Edge missing?

Noticed they stuck the upscale prison known as Fort Norfolk Plaza on the last page, lol.

I can't imagine anybody being happy with the final result. I can just imagine the look on their faces when this was unveiled. WTF! was probably a common, albeit internal reaction. :silly:

I support that idea. If somebody could compile a list of the appropriate people to contact I think it would be great if we all - or as many of us who wanted to - sent out a mess of emails. Imagine if the offices of city leaders and developers were bombarded with all of our criticisms and suggestions within the span of a few days. Maybe we could turn a few heads. Or raise a few eyebrows. Or whatever.

Yeah, I forgot about the old Social Services building. I hate this development.

Come on rus, what better view out your 500K condo window that Brambleton Ave or the Rutter & Mills parking lot?

Arguably the worst residential development in downtown area, 22 units, massively overpriced, small and ugly....but that's just my take :rolleyes:

Come on rus, what better view out your 500K condo window that Brambleton Ave or the Rutter & Mills parking lot?

Arguably the worst residential development in downtown area, 22 units, massively overpriced, small and ugly....but that's just my take :rolleyes:

You have to consider the market they're targeting, which I think is largely retired folks. The interiors could be sick in a place like this. I could think of all sorts of awesome interior spaces you could create with a building layout like this and the different types of elements you could use. Also, keep in mind that because the building is old, the tax breaks will be substantial for the owners (and likely one of the reasons the developers kept the building, because they got tax breaks as well).

It looks ten times better than the old social services building... I wouldn't want to live there myself but the building will look great when its done.