Royal Court

graydog

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The webcam for this project is my favorite of all the webcams. It's great to see FOUR projects rising from the same perspective. The time lapse is really neat.

And by the end of the year, you'll be able to see nine towers under construction from this vantage.

1. Royal Court

2. 'You can already see the crane for the Ritz

3. BoA

4. Wachovia CC

5. Wachovia condos

6. 210 Trade (topped out aLoft crane is very visible, so this tower will definitely be assuming they ever start back up)

7. Catalyst (too bad Royal Court will be finished before work on Twelve starts)

8. NHOF and tower

9. The Tower

10? and who knows, maybe even the Vue will be peaking up around the time the Royal Court cam is turned off.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well...it's not going any higher, so all work at this point is interior and facade related, so it won't seem to have a rapid contruction pace that pouring concrete would...they are still quite busy on the site almost every day.

It took some time for this project to get going, but after construction began, it has not slowed down. On the North side they will have a great view of uptown, and I do not see any building going up in front of it to obstruct their view.

Never say never :shades: . I agree though, there were a lot of doubts at the beginning and it took 2 years to finally get going, but they haven't stopped in the past 8 or so months since they started grading the land. Now that it is topped out, I like its size and way it sort of looks to be growing out of the trees when viewing from uptown. A wonderful addition to our city scape and will look even better when the office tower is built there adding some density in this corner. I just hope that something can eventually be done with the power transformers that sit next to the site. Since the site is leveled, it could be used as a small infill retail building or office lofts or even another pocket park would be a better addition just to get rid of that unsightly view of metal and wires. I'd imagine something will be done since it appeared to slightly obstruct the views of the lowest units.

• 3 weeks later...

The webcam for this project is my favorite of all the webcams. It's great to see FOUR projects rising from the same perspective. The time lapse is really neat.

I agree. I check it every day. It seems that it is stuck on July 31st, 3:39pm though. By the looks of the clouds, I am thinking the problem is storm related. :shok:

Royal Court web cam

It seems that it is stuck on July 31st, 3:39pm though. By the looks of the clouds, I am thinking the problem is storm related.

I believe that to be the case. My office is two blocks from Royal Court (I can see it through my window), and on that day at roughly that time we took a power hit from a storm.

You know, I really underestimated the view these condo owners will have...

The night shots on this webcam show a great angle on the skyline. It almost appears as if this webcam is meant more for watching the skyline than the actual construction of Royal Court. RC is such a small portion of the shot. It seems like a great selling tool to show off the great view, but I'd think they could afford to zoom in just a little and keep focus on the skyline and the construction with better clarity. But then I guess they wouldn't be able to keep the actual development in the center of the shot.

Another bonus will be watching a different angle on TTT and BoA construction. I wonder if a capped out aLoft or Ritz will be visible from this angle as well.

Did you wind up figuring out that you can zoom in and out on that webcam of royal court? It gets pretty detailed if you zoom in on the building itself. :)

I believe that to be the case. My office is two blocks from Royal Court (I can see it through my window), and on that day at roughly that time we took a power hit from a storm.

Does anyone know when it's going to be fixed? I really miss watching the progress on the three projects. :cry:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really had hope for this project. Too bad today they unveiled a entire side of dryvit!! Can anything be built as planned in Charlotte?

RCstreet.jpg

So I guess all the brick we see in the rendering with exception of the center porches and the base are now going to be tan/brown dryvit. Its also far less interesting looking when not shown from a extreme angle from 277. As a somewhat biased person, I would love to survey normal (non-UrbanPlanet) people who don't really care as much about aesthetics and find out their perception of the material usage.

Yuck. At least it is brick on the wider facade according to the webcam. I had originally been thinking when I saw this that it was just a treatment before the brick goes up, but I see now that they put brick directly over the GP yellow wrapping where the brick went, but then the stucco or EIFS on the other side over that GP wrap. In this environment, though, I'm finding myself feel a bit more sympathetic of developers value engineering a bit. It is a scary time.

Archived