Royal Court

graydog

Well hello Royal Court. I know this plan has been stalled for much time and we all doubted it happening in the near future, but boy do I have some pictures for you...

It appears that Gregg's Grader's is on site grading the land and allowing the next step to take place for foundation work. Finally, Dilworth's only midrise well, can begin rising...

I'm glad I took a shot in the dart and stopped by today. I actually was going to take some pics of the 3 cranes on the HOF site from here, but saw a dump trucking turning in so decided to follow it. All I can say, breath of fresh air, I was excited about this project making a huge influence on our skyline outside the 277 loop. Woo!

10-18-07011.jpg

10-18-07013.jpg

10-18-07014.jpg

10-18-07017.jpg

10-18-07015.jpg

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good - thanks for updating us!

This is GREAT! I had been stopping by each weekend on my way back home uptown and as I watched the grass and weeds grow taller and taller behind the fences, became very concerned.

Question: Anyone know about the high tension wires that are slung across the site? One realtor-client of mine told me, when I asked him, that those would not block anyone's view because they will hang in front of the above-grade parking deck.

When I compared the level of those wires to a telephone pole nearby (telephone polls are standard 60-feet in height) It appeared to me as though the wires were between 70' and 80' high. Any thoughts from anyone on this? How many levels of parking deck on Royal Court?

I wonder whether we are going to end up with a situation where all the previously announce condo towers in and around downtown get built. I know that they have already dealt with a slow down and tighter financing by delaying and stretching out delivery dates. But I had assumed that the weaker projects would simple fizzle away, with Royal Court being one of those weaker projects.

Assuming that this isn't just faking it by doing site work to try to drum up sales, it is incredible that this is moving forward. I'm left wondering which projects might fail at this point, but apparently Royal Court isn't planning to be one of them.

It doesn't look like this project is about to fall, given the investment that they have put in with it by moving forward. I think a lot of these projects are optimistic about how the market will be in 2-3 years when some of these projects will wrap up. We're lucky the Charlotte market is much better than other markets, else you could have bet on most projects falling. I don't think we will see much fall- maybe some changes to adjust to the market, but nothing more extreme than that, just because the Charlotte market is not terrible comparatively, and once things turn around, Charlotte is going to be much more ahead.

It doesn't look like this project is about to fall, given the investment that they have put in with it by moving forward. I think a lot of these projects are optimistic about how the market will be in 2-3 years when some of these projects will wrap up. We're lucky the Charlotte market is much better than other markets, else you could have bet on most projects falling. I don't think we will see much fall- maybe some changes to adjust to the market, but nothing more extreme than that, just because the Charlotte market is not terrible comparatively, and once things turn around, Charlotte is going to be much more ahead.

Very true, Andy. And in fact, if anything I think we may see some of the projects (or a portion thereof) go apartment ... just a hunch, not that anyone told me this !! ;)

When I compared the level of those wires to a telephone pole nearby (telephone polls are standard 60-feet in height) It appeared to me as though the wires were between 70' and 80' high. Any thoughts from anyone on this? How many levels of parking deck on Royal Court?

So, was wondering if anyone had an answer to my previous question. Anyone? Anyoooooone? Bueller ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This project continues to move forward. They had their Footing/Foundation building permit issued a few days ago. Anyone been by recently with a camera?

I've been by recently, but there hasn't been much excitement other than continued land clearing and flattening. Here's a pic-

11-22-07039.jpg

11-22-07038.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The crane is all white, first time I've seen one of those.

Glad this is going up though, I was starting to have doubts.

Are you sure? I drove down Royal Ct. tonight on my way home from work to take a look at it close up after seeing the post, and I thought it was yellow with no doubt at the time. It was dark, and there was not much light, so I wouldn't bet on it, but it looked yellow to me :)

Are you sure? I drove down Royal Ct. tonight on my way home from work to take a look at it close up after seeing the post, and I thought it was yellow with no doubt at the time. It was dark, and there was not much light, so I wouldn't bet on it, but it looked yellow to me :)

It was definitely going up this afternoon, a white crane. I ran by it around 4:00pm as I was jogging down Morehead. Just another grand addition to our sea of cranes!

I saw it from a distance this morning and it appears to be fully put together and ready to go.

This is great news. I'm exciting watching this tower grow from both sides of 277. It's going to make a big impact on the skyline and help fill with height the current gap between uptown and Arlington. I will take some pics this week. Looks like we are having a multi-race crane city on our hands.

• 1 month later...

Archived