Pictures of Fayetteville

Yes I actually went and took more pics today. But if anyone is getting tired of all my pics I guess they will just stop looking. There may be some repeats, I am now mainly posting pics a little bigger than I was before. Since I was already in certain areas I went ahead and retook some pictures, although I tried to do some from different angles and such. They will be posted after I get them all uploaded.

I love your pics of Fayetteville!!!

I don't have a problem at all with you posting a vast amount of them. There's not very many topics on the whole forum that have as many great quality pictures as this topic does.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love your pics of Fayetteville!!!

I don't have a problem at all with you posting a vast amount of them. There's not very many topics on the whole forum that have as many great quality pictures as this topic does.

Well I certainly seem to like taking large amounts of them. But it's hard for me not to around this time of year. The fall colors have turned out pretty nice afterall. I have to say I have some pics I'm rather proud of that I'll post a little later today. I almost didn't even come across this place, I just happened to drive by and see something out of the corner of my eye and I went back to see what it was.

Okay I'll start off with a few around Baum Stadium, where the Razorbacks play baseball. Since I took quite a few around campus I wanted to get some of it too. It's not really with the rest of the campus, I guess since there isn't a whol lot of room for the university to grow they went ahead and built it further south on Razorback Rd. I was a little surprised to see how many apartments are being built all over near the stadium. The last time I had driven by there wasn't that much out there. Of course apartments aren't anything new to Fayetteville and they are being built all over on a regular basis. I did go ahead and take one pic because of the sign of the future restaurant that's also coming. Then the last pic is of course the real draw to the area. Why they came in and ruined it by putting in a baseball stadium I have no idea. :rolleyes: Just kidding. Oops I forgot to mention Baum Stadium is usually ranked as one of the best college baseball stadiums in the nation.

img38063ul.jpg

img38071qo.jpg

img38088ie.jpg

img38091cz.jpg

img38121sm.jpg

img38136qh.jpg

img38149ua.jpg

img38159ky.jpg

img38199vb.jpg

img38209hl.jpg

img38171wj.jpg

img38219lm.jpg

Yeah the south part of town does have most of Fayetteville's industrial part of town. I do like how they have managed to keep most of it out of the way from the usual places most people would probably go, except here of course. Although that plant has been there a lot longer than Baum Stadium. And how about that sign for the restaurant. Anyone ever heard of a Pig n Whistle before?

I forgot to mention this before, if there's a pic you'd like to see on a smaller scale (if the current ones are a bit big on your current screen setting), let me know. I don't mind going back and resizing some pics if the ones I'm posting are a bit big for some of you. Also feel free to ask any questions too for that matter. And now back to the pics. I went back to an area that isn't one of the hot spots for Fayetteville, the Mill District. Unlike some touristy cities, Fayetteville is a real working city and it has it's industrial side to it. Granted the Mill District is also a bit run down and some of the old mills are now empty and not used anymore. I posted a couple of pics of a remodeled mill that's now used for offices. Although it would have been nice to go in a put in a nice fancy building I like the idea that someone actually is trying to keep the 'feel' of this part of the city. It certainly seems unique. I'll start off with some of the remodeled ones and then move on to some of the still working mills and some of the unused mills. At least people will see a side of Fayetteville they may not be familiar with. I even threw in some authentic Fayetteville graphitti. I don't recall where on UP it was but I was looking at some pics someone had taken. There was with with some graphitti in it and it got more of a response than the other pics he had taken.

img38533xu.jpg

img38526kz.jpg

img38492vz.jpg

img38516kk.jpg

img38552wu.jpg

img38549ei.jpg

img38509zj.jpg

img38470uj.jpg

img38485tv.jpg

img38460rt.jpg

img38345fd.jpg

img38255wf.jpg

img38249xo.jpg

img38236dg.jpg

Now I'll move on to an area I have heard about but had never been to, the Fayetteville National Cemetery. It's on the south side of town and since I was in the area I thought I'd check it out. And while I was there I also had to take a few foliage pics too. I'm not sure how far back the graves go, but I'm pretty sure there are people who served in the Civil War buried here. I saw one grave of someone who had died in 1900. There were a number of older graves that didn't seem to have dates on them.

img38356eh.jpg

img38263gz.jpg

img38270tz.jpg

img38337bl.jpg

img38368pn.jpg

img38372kt.jpg

img38381dn.jpg

img38395ka.jpg

img38409az.jpg

img38438wb.jpg

img38419ye.jpg

img38296gp.jpg

img38287wg.jpg

I'll post more pics later on in the day.

I didn't know that Fayetteville has a national cemetary.

The only one's I've heard about in Arkansas are in Fort Smith and Little Rock.

Also, are any of those mills near downtown?

Yeah, I'm not certain on this but I had though the one had started up here originally to bury those who died at the Battles of Pea Ridge and Prarie Grove. I think Fayetteville was the only sizeable town in the area back then. I think Pea Ridge was the biggest battle west of the Mississippi River also. Or maybe I have it backwards and it was Prarie Grove. The mills aren't real close to downtown, in the background of some of them you can see the Fayetteville Public Library and some of the buildings downtown. I don't know if this will help anyone or not but if you keep taking West Ave south from Dickson you eventually get to the Fayetteville Public Library. Then if you keep going south you eventually hit the Mill District. If you have a map of Fayetteville a lot of it is around the area of 71Bus and 6th St. At that point 71Bus isn't College Ave, just south of the downtown area 71Bus goes through some curves and it turns into Archibald Yell. Hopefully that gives you a little idea at least of where they are. If not let me know and I'll see if I can answer it with a little more detail.

Okay time for some more pics. Sorry if some of these are a bit repetitive of some I've already posted. I tried spending more time downtown and around the Square. In some cases I was trying to take pics from different perspectives of ones I may have posted pics of before. Although I also wanted some bigger pics of some of these buildings. But as I said before if anyone would like some smaller versions of some of these pics let me know. I'm beginning to learn what more of these buildings are. Although I'm feeling a bit lazy and I'm not going to go into detail about every pic. But feel free to ask about any of them and I'll try to tell you what I know about them. I started on Spring St checking into a development Matt posted on some of the smaller older buildings are around this area. Then I worked my way from the northeast area of the Square to the west and southwest areas surrounding the Square. One thing I do like about the Square is that no one time period of buildings seem to dominate. There seems to be a decent representation of varying time periods and styles of buildings. On the last one I liked that even though the building has been renovated you can still see part of a Coke ad on the side of the building. I'll post more pics around the southern and eastern sections later.

img39078gp.jpg

img39090uc.jpg

img39129gh.jpg

img39134rk.jpg

img39145mq.jpg

img39883df.jpg

img39902vk.jpg

img39153si.jpg

img39165sw.jpg

img39174bf.jpg

img39183ns.jpg

img39196co.jpg

img39207ll.jpg

img39283de.jpg

img39306ln.jpg

img39311gp.jpg

img39328cf.jpg

img39349kh.jpg

img39354pk.jpg

img39367mq.jpg

img39389rz.jpg

img39396dq.jpg

img39402mh.jpg

img39438ot.jpg

img39448qr.jpg

img39458dl.jpg

img39462md.jpg

img39477kq.jpg

img39489jn.jpg

img39498vc.jpg

Okay here's some pics from the south and east areas of the downtown around the Square. I managed to find two parking decks in the downtown area. I didn't realize that there was one behind and underneath the Fayetteville Town Center. Quite a few pics are of it and views from behind/on top of the parking deck. The Fayetteville Town Center is basically a convention center. Once again if anyone has any questions on a partiuclar picture or building feel free to ask.

img39507ar.jpg

img39519us.jpg

img39526pb.jpg

img39544pq.jpg

img39539uu.jpg

img39562kt.jpg

img39572sp.jpg

img39585jq.jpg

img39590dr.jpg

img39605nw.jpg

img39625vm.jpg

img39631yj.jpg

img39643xl.jpg

img39652lb.jpg

img39670sy.jpg

img39683gx.jpg

img39693rn.jpg

img39709cv.jpg

img39718bn.jpg

img39721bb.jpg

img39738hw.jpg

img39745ck.jpg

img39751pp.jpg

img39765xb.jpg

img39776yy.jpg

Okay I'm having to break these up somewhat because there's a limit on how many pics you can put in a post. Leave it to me to find that out. Near the end is a where the Renaissance Tower will be. The last two pics are just on the other side of the Renaissance Tower development and across the street from the Old Courthouse. It was pretty gutted the last time I looked but it looks like they are started to work on the lower section of the building. It used to be just totally open except for a few walls.

img39783if.jpg

img39799ep.jpg

img39811fj.jpg

img39823ne.jpg

img39833jb.jpg

img39840lk.jpg

img39878cx.jpg

img39853oh.jpg

img39233tr.jpg

img39273js.jpg

Okay I've got more pics of the restaurant/bars. Although the first two pics are just east of the Square. Cafe Santa Fe doesn't exist anymore but that's where the new La Huerta will be opening up to the delight of many of us here in Fayetteville. Even with mutiple locations it still can get pretty crowded at certain times. The rest of these are on West Ave just off Dickson St. The ones on Dickson St will be next.

img39220ga.jpg

img39218li.jpg

img39944va.jpg

img40156vl.jpg

img40160fs.jpg

img40178va.jpg

img40185fk.jpg

img40198xd.jpg

img40200gs.jpg

img40211fp.jpg

Here's the rest of the reastaurant/bars on Dickson St. Sorry, I know some of these are repeats but they're bigger pics now. Although I think I missed Mickey Finn's on one end and that piano bar on the other end, but I got almost all of the on Dickson.

img39955tn.jpg

img39960ii.jpg

img39989im.jpg

img39973rt.jpg

img40038lu.jpg

img39997jy.jpg

img40006jl.jpg

img40014ok.jpg

img40020rb.jpg

img40282if.jpg

img40049mk.jpg

img40059sh.jpg

img40066vu.jpg

img40071vq.jpg

img40272qv.jpg

img40263pp.jpg

img40086ha.jpg

img40091sq.jpg

img40104pa.jpg

img40114ju.jpg

img40132mw.jpg

I was driving around and something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. So I drove back around and saw the glass and steel of the entrance to the university's parking deck.

img38566qu.jpg

img38579aw.jpg

img38609sr.jpg

img38924qu.jpg

img38932ke.jpg

I got some nice pics from the top of the parking deck. I'll try to post them when I can but I seem to be having problems uploading my pics to my usual source. Maybe I've uploaded too many pics. :D

Okay here's some pics from around and on top of the parking deck. I didn't expect to get that good of a view because the parking deck sits on one side of a valley. I have to say I was pretty happy with some of the pics I got of the downtown with all the fall foliage.

img38581rg.jpg

img38592yx.jpg

img38610hi.jpg

img38626ut.jpg

img38654vy.jpg

img38692zr.jpg

img38708wg.jpg

img38714qj.jpg

img38720wl.jpg

img38744kl.jpg

img38754zj.jpg

img38785jd.jpg

img38799cj.jpg

img38804wj.jpg

img38817pn.jpg

img38829qh.jpg

img38888ik.jpg

img38890od.jpg

img38919sn.jpg

Well that's it for now. Now that many of the trees will start losing their leaves I'll probably start slowing down. Although there surely some other areas of Fayetteville I could take pics of sometime. Let me know if you have any questions or requests.

Thanks for all the comments, hopefully I haven't overloaded everyone with pics. But the trees are already going past their peak so I won't be quite so tempted to go on such a big photo spree again. Although I don't want to totally stop, I'll just have to find some new areas to take pics of for the future. Maybe I'll even take pics around the mall and that area of town. By the way Matt about where is that pic from in Rogers?

Thanks for all the comments, hopefully I haven't overloaded everyone with pics. But the trees are already going past their peak so I won't be quite so tempted to go on such a big photo spree again. Although I don't want to totally stop, I'll just have to find some new areas to take pics of for the future. Maybe I'll even take pics around the mall and that area of town. By the way Matt about where is that pic from in Rogers?

It's right infront of the Rogers Public Library.

Archived