Spartanburg Off-Topic

Spartan

Copying and pasting from a FB post —

Something up this forum's alley, methinks!

Time to help make Spartanburg more BEAUTIFUL! 😄🏡
 ~ all it takes — a 3-5 min anonymous survey

So Dr. Alysa Handelsman and her Wofford crew are at it again, examining ways of making our community better through empirical analysis and research. 

Their work helped, for example, in having funds allocated by the County to demolish blighted properties in the Una|Saxon area, after highlighting the high concentration of such instances there. 

Now they are looking to examine what makes our neighborhoods beautiful, or what they are lacking to get there. 

All it takes is five minutes tops as we enjoy our Sunday evening cup of coffee, or whatever might be your thing!

Here is the link. Thank you in advance!

https://forms.gle/rergfWgShTZfWAXM9

#GoSpartanburg

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/25/2024 at 10:43 PM, Historyguy said:

Yes, some of us have been pushing pretty hard to get the city to hire a director of planning for a while. It's been unfair to have Martin Livingston carrying that portfolio while carrying his other duties, and I am looking forward to seeing what having a full time professional focused on planning can do for us.  I'd asked, does the city want a bureaucrat or a visionary, and was told pretty directly that we want a visionary.  I think there's still some staffing up to do in the planning department.  

I had assumed a combination of Martin and Chris Story, both having planning backgrounds, were able to cover a lot of territory there, but I suspect they were both a bit overworked.  I hope they are able to staff up a bit. There is certainly no lack of work to do from a planning standpoint.