920 Cherry, ICCF/Blodgett Home and Fairmount Square

joeDowntown

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing official yet on the residential design. So no renderings to show.

Hopefully soon..............

I always got the impression the design was going to be pretty traditional; brick townhouse, but somewhere recently I got the impression they were going to be more of a modern design? Any thing you can reveal on the style?

I thought I had read about something more modern too, which is fine by me. Can't wait to hear about the retail. This is definitely my favorite neighborhood right now. We still have to find a way to get rid of that gas station though (Molatov cocktail anyone? ;)

Joe

Pumpkin cannons have the best "HOOOOEEEE!!!" effect IMPO :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I always got the impression the design was going to be pretty traditional; brick townhouse, but somewhere recently I got the impression they were going to be more of a modern design? Any thing you can reveal on the style?

The new townhome designs:

265679364_c518310a91.jpg

265679365_04392fbc18.jpg

265679368_0d9b2a501d.jpg

265679371_7b4c1f8f55_o.jpg

265679370_72bcd7b1c4_o.jpg

http://www.ci.grand-rapids.mi.us/index.pl?binobjid=3882

Floorplans in the agenda as well.

Design work by Nederveld Assoc. and Bazzani (I believe).

Floorplans in the agenda as well.

Where do you get all this info?!?!? I am continually blown away at the pictures, diagrams, and information that comes onto this sight within 5 minutes (or many times even before) its public release. Keep it coming!

Where do you get all this info?!?!? I am continually blown away at the pictures, diagrams, and information that comes onto this sight within 5 minutes (or many times even before) its public release. Keep it coming!

It's all available on the cities website.. shhhhhh. :ph34r:

Just in case someone wants to attend...

Planning Commission meeting Thursday 10/12

Public Hearings-1:00 or Soon Thereafter- 2nd Floor, Room 201, Public Hearing Room. (1120 N Monroe)

1:00 a) Address: 920 Cherry St., SE File No: ZC 33-06

900-02 Cherry St SE

910 Cherry St SE

248 Hollister Ave SE

Applicant: Fairmount Square Investors

Zoning: PRD 920 Cherry SE / C-2 900-902 and 910 Cherry SE / R-3

248 Hollister SE

Type of Case: Zone Change for 900-902 and 910 Cherry SE & 248 Hollister SE

Major Amendment to existing PRD at 920 Cherry SE

Is there any information available regarding the residential units? A website? Construction dates? Prices? This type of design and the neighborhood is exactly what my wife and I have been looking for to make our flight from suburbia to the city. Any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

SL

• 3 weeks later...

Archived