Orchard Park Development

OneSweetWorld

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Trixie. When they list off visitor attractions in 3 - 5 years to try and draw groups here, it will include Meijer Gardens, the lakeshore, Project X, the new John Ball Zoo (hopefully), Cabela's Village in Walker, etc..

Hopefully Michigan's Adventure will grow enough that it will also draw people from all around....

The news has been so good lately. I don't like this. It's like one of the many proposed balloons has popped! I hope we don't have more announcements like this.

Thank you...you summed up my feelings. I felt so bummed and didn't know why because I don't see myself ever going to Cabela's. I think it's because since I thought it was a done deal that I'm just thinking, oh no, what if more things don't work out?

Thank you...you summed up my feelings. I felt so bummed and didn't know why because I don't see myself ever going to Cabela's. I think it's because since I thought it was a done deal that I'm just thinking, oh no, what if more things don't work out?

I agree. We have been overwhelmed in the past few weeks with an explosion of developement news. The hotel, River House and medical hill have been left on the back burner. I want things to happen as much as anyone, but I've decided not to count my chickens before they're hatched.

So much has been made over the latest proposals that I think it is going to be quite embarassing if they don't amount to anything.

On WOOD-TV at 6 - Patrick Center reports that the 240 acre proposed development in Walker has a big change... Cabelas is no longer involved in the deal.

:shok:

I didn't see the report, but all I can say is that WOOD is very concerned with scooping people on these development projects and one of these days it's going to bite them.

IKEA!!! (hopefully.)

Or else a movie theater :(

I love having to sit through an ad of my competitor to see that video.... :)

Bummer about Cabella's - I thought it was perfect fit for the region. The rural (and (sub)urban!) regions of Grand Rapids have so many hunters and outdoorsy folks, that this would've been heaven on earth for those folks.

My wife on the other hand would love to see an IKEA go in anywhere in the area.

As for ANOTHER movie theater - I think it would be a poor choice. There are so many choices for movie theaters in the area, another would be overkill; espeically w/ Star Theater on Alpine not more than 3 minutes away.

maybe it was just that location that was killed, I remember reading somewhere, that Cabellas had planned a GR location for a while, something like, they were planning on building in Town wether or not this deal went thru.

I dunno, but..... the Zach Bossenbroek, Orchard Park Developer, looks pretty young. I mean 25 or so. Nothing against that, but I would think you would need experience before being the face-man for a project that big. Cabela's was to be part of Phase II? If I understand correctly? Maybe they needed more assurance of a high quality development going before them. I mean, leveling land is one thing....

I dunno, but..... the Zach Bossenbroek, Orchard Park Developer, looks pretty young. I mean 25 or so. Nothing against that, but I would think you would need experience before being the face-man for a project that big. Cabela's was to be part of Phase II? If I understand correctly? Maybe they needed more assurance of a high quality development going before them. I mean, leveling land is one thing....

The developer is Trademark Properties out of Texas. Zach represents the local group that assembled the property. He's the second generation if you know what I mean, plenty of experience behind him (plus, he's a lawyer!).

Lots of reasons deals fall apart, Zach's baby face isn't one of them.

I'm really surprised WOODTV thought that someone from Cabela's Corporate would come out and say "Yep, we're definitely building there, we've put in an offer for $5 million for the land, and we're just waiting patiently for our counter-offer", :whistling: "We're just so excited by that spot that we'll pay top dollar for it", "Wanna buy some Carhardts in the meantime?". uhhhhhhhhhh, duhhhhh

I'm not saying that Cabela's is or isn't going here, I'm just saying that the spokersperson said exactly what he should have said.

http://www.mlive.com/business/grpress/inde...9650.xml&coll=6

Still not a done deal yet. I love the last paragraph. I guess if you keep repeating something over and over again, people start to believe it:

"The retailer's store in Dundee, south of Ann Arbor, draws 6 million shoppers a year, making it the top tourist destination in Michigan. It draw three times the number of visitors to the Mackinaw City/Mackinac Island area each year, according to Mackinaw City Chamber of Commerce."

IKEA!!! (hopefully.)

Or else a movie theater :(

IKEA is already building a store in Canton Twp off of 275. With another store in Chicago, and knowing that IKEA likes to spread it's stores out, I don't think a store in Walker is likely. :(

Archived