Norfolk Stores and Retail and Resturants

vdogg

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Ward's Corner is finally getting some redevelopment. The south-east corner will be torn down this year and a new Harris Teeter will be built and completed by 2014.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/01/new-harris-teeter-and-urban-outfitters-confirmed-norfolk

The Urban Outfitters mentioned in the same article has been mentioned here before.

From the latest design review Agenda:

400 Monticello Avenue/ 7-Eleven – Installation of signage

Meaning we have another tenant in the Wells Fargo building, 7-11! Finally a 24 hour business opens in the core of downtown.

Also heard that a "limited service" "franchise" Asian restaurant is working on terms for a location in that building as well. The only places like that I can think of are Panda Express and Pei Wei and Pandra Express is already in the mall.

I agree there's far too many 7-11's close to downtown Norfolk. Granted they're mostly in Ghent/Park Place, but there's plenty in the city.

However, it's nice to see Norfolk get a 24-hour store. Even though I was hoping for a 24-hour Walgreens or CVS (more items that aren't as overpriced), this could still work.

I agree there's far too many 7-11's close to downtown Norfolk. Granted they're mostly in Ghent/Park Place, but there's plenty in the city.

However, it's nice to see Norfolk get a 24-hour store. Even though I was hoping for a 24-hour Walgreens or CVS (more items that aren't as overpriced), this could still work.

Yeah too much of the same thing gets tired and bland...I thought a couple walgreens are 24hr. I know the cvs on corner of Lil creek and Chesapeake blvd is 24hr.

• 2 weeks later...

It's gonna be awhile before they open. For one thing, they're gonna have to have a real floor! It's dirt inside there now. :P

That's actually a good thing. Plumbing requirements vary greatly by occupancy use so having a dirt floor to install drainage pipes for restaurant equipment and sinks is always easier than busting up concrete.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a theory about Urban Outfitters. The newspaper article said that Wright had been trying to get UO to come to Norfolk forever. They wouldn't.

Then they agree to do it. Right as the president quits.

I think the president pushed the Norfolk store as punishment to the company.

Heh heh.

• 3 weeks later...

Great win...Hampton also pulled off a 15-seed upset back in '01. This is a great recruiting tool for NSU, esp. with the schools in the area (Booker T. for example). It's also great since the MEAC tournament's at Scope next year.

Congrats Spartans from this Pirate...did I just type that?

Speaking of Wards Corner...

http://www.wvec.com/my-city/norfolk/New-plan-unveiled-for-Wards-Corner-142988155.html

The old Peoples shopping center. Glad to see Norfolk wants to keep that building intact. I always thought it was a pretty unique building...unfortunately there's already two drugstores there, so another one would be too mu...wait, this is Norfolk, nevermind. :-P

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder Bar will probably be around a while. The guy that runs it (Bobby Wright) owns that whole block of buildings (excluding the hotel).

Sushi and Pizza joints on every block! Maybe they will go more for the Hibachi style that Domo and Nana lack.

I heard that Tanners Creek on North Colley is being replaced by a second location of A.W. Shucks. Seems like a good fit for the area IMO.