The Watering Hole

That's definitely an old style brown bank with a drive thru ATM next door (that looks to be still in business). There's a guard rail that runs alongside this building. There is a satellite dish on the roof of the building, which they usually point South, so we are probably looking at the West side of the building. That means it's on a North/South thoroughfare (not 28th Street), the front of the building faces East, and there's an old bank North of this building. Howmy doin so far?

behind_the_scenes.jpg

That's definitely an old style brown bank with a drive thru ATM next door (that looks to be still in business). There's a guard rail that runs alongside this building. There is a satellite dish on the roof of the building, which they usually point South, so we are probably looking at the West side of the building. That means it's on a North/South thoroughfare (not 28th Street), the front of the building faces East, and there's an old bank North of this building. Howmy doin so far?

behind_the_scenes.jpg

I can't remember if that brown building in the distance is the 5/3rd bank or the Honey Baked Ham across the... oops!!! Way too big of a hint =:-)

Do you mean Meyer Music?

sooo close. it's right next door.

i didn't pick this location because of what businesses are in the store fronts. back in the day, we would sometimes stop in back of these buildings to do whatever kids do before they head to concerts at the Orbit Room.

the next guess should get the points. {drumroll} and the winner is...

sooo close. it's right next door.

i didn't pick this location because of what businesses are in the store fronts. back in the day, we would sometimes stop in back of these buildings to do whatever kids do before they head to concerts at the Orbit Room.

the next guess should get the points. {drumroll} and the winner is...

Siegel Jewelers.

Siegel Jewelers.

Correct! 200 bonus points all for you.

When I took this picture, I was amazed at how much light polution is thrown up by the Barnes n' Noble building/parking lot behind it. I always remebered it as a sleepy, dark alley behind a couple of buildings. And how long has Siegel been there? I can't even remember now who the previous tenants were. Something releated to education supplies at one point in time... maybe?

EDIT: ahh, the teacher's store! Thanks GR1... you get a few extra bonus points for remembering that!

New quiz tomorrow. Reserve the edge of your seat now.

Edited by jayblogger

Thanks for the fun Jay...I just got home and had to check for the answer. For the record, a quality monitor makes a huge difference! At work I could barely make out ANYTHING - had nary a clue how anyone made out the name of the waste hauler or the fact that the satellite dish was on top of the building.

Bring on another one!

That was fun yesterday. Another blurry grand rapids picture is up and 60 bonus points are available this time.

I'll be offline for about the next two hours, so I can't give out any hints until then. Who knows... maybe someone will have guessed it correctly by then.

JB

Don't know the name of the church - but isn't that on LaGrave - just a touch south of Fulton? (By Cottage Bar).

Just received my copy of Grand Rapids Magazine yesterday and there was a short one page article about Urban Planet and how big the Grand Rapids Forum is on it.

Pg 27.

Very good stuff! :thumbsup:

Cool news. I'll have to go pick up a copy.

Attention! New blurry picture of Grand Rapids up on the blog. 142 points are up for grabs. Go get 'em.