Greenville vs. Columbia vs. Charleston

Greenville

I thought we had a thread dedicated to Greenville's revitalization, but I can't seem to find it. Also, this thread discusses how we can improve our City by learning from others, so it's appropriate enough.

Reading this article posted by 'Greenville' in another thread: http://www.metrojacksonville.com got me thinking... hundreds of other cities have come to Greenville to seek guidance on downtown revitalization and what works to make an urban center successful... well, where does Greenville get its ideas??

The main thing that stuck out to me was about Arts Crossing, since it's truly a City vision and implementation:

As a part of the Riverplace mixed-use development, Art Crossing features eight small studios that were constructed along the River Walk. The spaces are leased at affordable rates on a 30 day basis to artists selected by the Metropolitan Art Council provided that an artist will regularly engage the public in their craft. Developments like this attract visitors on a regular basis because the product that's being produced changes on a regular basis.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived