Upscale Hotels in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

Hmmm...either the plans have changed or the local newspapers got some bad info. That's where I got the info about the first floor being converted to retail/office space and the second floor being condos.

construction has temporarily stopped at the cosmo might be due to the failure of ANB bank from what ive heard five floors are unusable that means a lot of lost revenue especialy during football season.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum doxo. I don't know if ANB has anything to do with the situation. If I had to guess it's because Nock has a lot of developments going on right now. But why would 5 floors be unusable?

because five floors are partial renovated cant have guest on half renovated floors

hey mith ae you the one who has been spray painted MITH around fayetteville i.e. muncipal parking lot corner of sycamore and leverate?

because five floors are partial renovated cant have guest on half renovated floors

hey mith ae you the one who has been spray painted MITH around fayetteville i.e. muncipal parking lot corner of sycamore and leverate?

rebuplicans drown in a sea of debt the democrates are taken over to care for those who really need it

Wasn't me, I promise.

rebuplicans drown in a sea of debt the democrates are taken over to care for those who really need it

Let's not get off topic here. Last thing we need is a political discussion really derailing things here.

What's the deal with the Cosmopolitan Hotel? It's been that two tone paint job on the north side for months. I thought at first they were waiting for warmer weather but it's almost summer now and it hasn't been finished. It reflects badly on downtown to have the tallest building looking like that.

What's the deal with the Cosmopolitan Hotel? It's been that two tone paint job on the north side for months. I thought at first they were waiting for warmer weather but it's almost summer now and it hasn't been finished. It reflects badly on downtown to have the tallest building looking like that.

I understand that they changed paint contractors on the job.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the W aloft Hotel opened in Rogers today or very recently. The third one for them and only the second one built in the country. Pretty interesting that NWA ended up being picked to get one so soon. The others are in Montreal and one somewhere in California. It sounds like an interesting design. I need to go up sometime and check it out.

I saw a news report about the new Aloft a couple days ago, come to think of it. I checked out their website after watching it and it looks pretty interesting. I saw a lot of retro elements in it combined with high tech stuff. I don't know if that's what decorators call retro-modern, or just plain modern, but it was an interesting design, and had I been in town this weekend, I think I might have wandered up there just to look around. Looks like they have several more planned in the near future, but I'm glad that Rogers was picked so early on to get one.

I saw a news report about the new Aloft a couple days ago, come to think of it. I checked out their website after watching it and it looks pretty interesting. I saw a lot of retro elements in it combined with high tech stuff. I don't know if that's what decorators call retro-modern, or just plain modern, but it was an interesting design, and had I been in town this weekend, I think I might have wandered up there just to look around. Looks like they have several more planned in the near future, but I'm glad that Rogers was picked so early on to get one.

Yeah very interesting design, I'm not quite sure what I'd call it either. But yeah it's great our area was able to get one so early.

• 4 weeks later...

Nock/Alexander having are financing issues on The Cosmo too.

http://www.nwanews.com/nwat/News/67448/

I'll post my response in this topic since it seemed fitting here. But yeah apparently the money for the renovation at the Cosmo was coming from ANB. Which means it will take longer for the Cosmo to get things finished. Sounds like the exterior paint job should be done sometime in August.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There is a new hotel located on Dickson street! I had not heard of this but it seems like a great idea. It is located at 301 W. Dickson and is called the Dickson Street Inn> There is also a wine bar located in the building.

Here is the website: Dickson Street Inn

I haven't heard about that either. Thanks for that info and link. It would be great to have something a bit bigger than that on Dickson. It's a decent sized house but still I can't imagine them putting too many rooms in there. But it is a good use for a nice historic house. There's several nice historic houses on Dickson St or not too far off of it. Would be nice to see some others converted into small hotels as well. You'd think there would be some demand for more hotel space near Dickson. Help fill a niche till we eventually get a bigger hotel built somewhere near Dickson St in the future.

That's a Greg House of Houses Inc. project- he's had a hand in many of the renovation and new projects around central Fayetteville. If he did it you know it's a quality job. I like the way they connected the main house to the smaller building behind it to make one. It's a very nice additon to Dickson Street- the balcony would be a great place to sit and watch the activity on the street below.

If this project does well it might show some developer that a 100+ room hotel would be a worthwhile investment in the entertaiment district although it would be a aimed at a slightly different market.

That's a Greg House of Houses Inc. project- he's had a hand in many of the renovation and new projects around central Fayetteville. If he did it you know it's a quality job. I like the way they connected the main house to the smaller building behind it to make one. It's a very nice addition to Dickson Street- the balcony would be a great place to sit and watch the activity on the street below.

If this project does well it might show some developer that a 100+ room hotel would be a worthwhile investment in the entertainment district although it would be a aimed at a slightly different market.

I agree. I think the Dickson St area still needs a larger hotel. But I still think there's room for some smaller hotels as well.

Here's a shot of the Dickson Street Inn. I wonder about the history as to when the building housing the Crown Pub was built- I guess it was built after the house but it's strange that it was built that close in front of it. That's part of the wine bar atop the pub.

DSCN2220.jpg

Here's a shot of the Dickson Street Inn. I wonder about the history as to when the building housing the Crown Pub was built- I guess it was built after the house but it's strange that it was built that close in front of it. That's part of the wine bar atop the pub.

DSCN2220.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Yeah I've wondered about the two buildings being rather close to each other. But I'm like you I'm pretty sure the house was built first. But I never knew the rooftop was part of the hotel. I always assumed the Crown Pub was running the rooftop as well. If I have time I'll try to find my Dickson St history book and see if it mentions when the building where the Crown Pub was built.

I never had a chance to look for my Dickson St history book. But there was a nice article in today's paper about the new 10 room boutique hotel today. Apparently that building is the 1894 Mitchell house. John Mitchell was a Fayetteville school superintendent, U of A Board of Trustee member and also had been a Washington County Treasurer. House and Alexander had owned the house in the 80's sold it and then bought it back and spent around $1 Mil remodeling it.

I never had a chance to look for my Dickson St history book. But there was a nice article in today's paper about the new 10 room boutique hotel today. Apparently that building is the 1894 Mitchell house. John Mitchell was a Fayetteville school superintendent, U of A Board of Trustee member and also had been a Washington County Treasurer. House and Alexander had owned the house in the 80's sold it and then bought it back and spent around $1 Mil remodeling it.

I looked up that address in "On Dickson" and there doesn't seem to be any information about the Crown Pub building. There is information about 303 Dickson, which is the inn and you can see the pub in the 1995 photo but nothing about 307 Dickson. I'll check to see what the exact address of the pub is- it might not be 307. The layout at the front of that chapter shows 307 as extending back past the inn building.

I looked up that address in "On Dickson" and there doesn't seem to be any information about the Crown Pub building. There is information about 303 Dickson, which is the inn and you can see the pub in the 1995 photo but nothing about 307 Dickson. I'll check to see what the exact address of the pub is- it might not be 307. The layout at the front of that chapter shows 307 as extending back past the inn building.

The pub was clearly the garage for the house (hotel) behind it. Very typical. Probably built in the 20s or 30s.....would have had a couple carriage doors right on the street.

M

Archived