Icon on Bond

torgo

Wonder what the additional cost would have been to make it underground parking. They could have accomplished it with only 1 or 2 levels, because the parking would only needed to serve the residents.

Has anyone seen the site lately? There was a cement mixer in the "hole" today. Does this mean footings? They have realy made some progress. There were two tanks on the north corner ( Aligator pens for the moat?). I never thought Moch would get that far. Any one know the estimated completion of that building? :dontknow:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a large trench box in the center of the site these days. They seem to be constructing a rebar frame of some kind down inside it, so it could be a concrete form. Work is progressing quite rapidly with activity on the site every day. Pumps are being utilized to keep the site somewhat dry since the level they're working at seems to be below the water table. Right now there's one guy in the trench and 3 guys watching him.....

• 2 weeks later...

Off topic . . the picture of the building . .what is at the top of that building? A solarium? I have always wondered about that . . . . .

Yes. It has a bedroom and a kitchen and living area. His girlfriend lived up there at the time of the parade of downtown living (she gave PBJ and I the tour). I bet it's cold in the winter :)

Hate to be a d*ck, but this project just looks amateurish. I mean, compares to the JW or hill - the site looks like a mess.

That it might. Although it's taken awhile, and you don't know how it will end up, Moch at least has had the b**** to take the plunge and break ground.

What a mess! The entire construction site is about 6 - 10 feet deep now! I wish I had my digital camera!

Holy crap! I didn't notice that. Water is GUSHING in to the site from the SW corner of the property. Everyone get your crap out of the basement...

Looks like they are trying to build a levy...not working very well...looks like they are trying to pump the water out...also not working very well...water is still probably 8 feet below the street grade and still coming in....

Looks like they are trying to build a levy...not working very well...looks like they are trying to pump the water out...also not working very well...water is still probably 8 feet below the street grade and still coming in....

They obviously did NOT call "Miss Dig". That water main is gushing! It wont' be long before it crests over the street!

Archived