Centennial Tower

eandslee

I disagree, the property has MORE value. Abatement has been done, which is a huge cost liability for any new owner and the un-useable building will be removed. All of which a new buyer would have to shell out big money. The fact it is or will be done is very inviting should it go back on the market.

Would someone please tell me how it is public knowledge that Goodstein does NOT have financing lined up for Centennial? I've never read anything, except on this thread, that asserts it to be fact.

Information flow from them to the man on the streets. Behind closed doors there is plenty of info flowing from their management.

Richmond City invested a lot of money and time digging up services, overseeing demo application, A ton of

man hours have been spent digging up main street, over and over to disconnect the gas lines and then repairing the 90 years old pipes. Now the buildings are hazzards. Windows left open, holes in roofs;very dangerous conditions exists especially due to snow and ice to increase the potential hazzards. The city will not let them stay up due to the cities' investment and obligation to it's citizens for safety. Goodstien has turned the structures into delapidated colaspeable situations. Goodstien is now obligated to demo.

It would have been better to have left them in use until they got the money.

I was under the impression that the developer absorbed those cost, as the city does nothing for free. Any pipe repair, hook ups, or splitting the storm water from the sewer lines (as required for new hook-ups) to the facilitate any new development is the responsibility of the developer not the city.

The fact that it is buiding is not done yes is public knowledge, Burt.

abatement is less than 200 thousand, the worst unit on the block sold for that.

What company did they use, I want them on my next job. I have never heard of such an inexpensive abatement for 5-6 buildings. That is a great deal. Assuming the bags did not end up in the river. :lol:

Yeah, definitely happening... looks like interior demo right now though.

Yea! :thumbsup: I take this as a positive sign.

Here's hoping UrbanPlanet's Richmond crew can do a better job on getting construction info than our friends in Norfolk have done regarding Granby Tower.

For instance, does anyone have influence with the construction industry in the region who can let us know how many workers will be needed and when?

How about getting an inside source at Baskerville and that Raleigh based contracting firm?

What we need is a few good moles. :ph34r:

Yea! :thumbsup: I take this as a positive sign.

Here's hoping UrbanPlanet's Richmond crew can do a better job on getting construction info than our friends in Norfolk have done regarding Granby Tower.

For instance, does anyone have influence with the construction industry in the region who can let us know how many workers will be needed and when?

How about getting an inside source at Baskerville and that Raleigh based contracting firm?

What we need is a few good moles. :ph34r:

Find out who the "subs" are, they are best for info.

How is this:

Demo lightly starts Weds. First interior goes, then collaspe of the walls. The building on the corner stays.... for a sales office. ( Must be there are looking at an extended time frame.) Sales office will include spec condo. This should be done by maybe next September. So, save your money... you can buy then!

With the start of on-site demolition, Centennial appears to be on its tenuous way. We'll have to wait and see if it becomes one of Richmond's highest skyscrapers.

Things are booming downtown with continuing construction on Richmond Center Stage, M&R Hilton Garden Inn, the new Fed Court House and The National. If the General Assembly approves Governor Kaine's recommendation to begin work on the new State Office building scheduled to replace the dismantled Murphy's Hotel, and if rumors are true about revived efforts to renovate the John Marshall Hotel, the City is starting the New Year in fine fettle. :good:

Incidentally, a second public hearing on the propoased Downtown Master Plan is scheduled for January 15th at City Hall.

A staircase in the back of one of the small buildings is down. To finish up the telephone work, I think.

A Barrier is repositioned in the back lot to make room for demo. I think that if Goodstein gets financing.... they will buy the Bagby parking lot. That maybe the real hold-up, "Money". Thus, no application for the building permit. :mellow:

A staircase in the back of one of the small buildings is down. To finish up the telephone work, I think.

A Barrier is repositioned in the back lot to make room for demo. I think that if Goodstein gets financing.... they will buy the Bagby parking lot. That maybe the real hold-up, "Money". Thus, no application for the building permit. :mellow:

To get the financing, they would need to show they have parking. Which means they would need to have an agreement to buy that lot prior to submitting the loan packet. Do they currently have a LOI on the lot?

To get the financing, they would need to show they have parking. Which means they would need to have an agreement to buy that lot prior to submitting the loan packet. Do they currently have a LOI on the lot?

Didn't we solve their parking problem for them by announcing to the world that at least eight of the proposed 30 stories would be reserved for cars? :P

What does LOI mean?