Ritz-Carlton Hotel

atlrvr

There seems to be street retail on every new downtown project going up, even if it the construction of it is subsidized by the rest of the tower. I would almost certainly expect street retail on this project. I can't think of a new project going up downtown in the last few years that hasn't had street retail except for maybe townhouse projects.

It will probably have some nice stores within the hotel.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to get off topic here, but....Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo. Hong Kong and Shanghai have amazing skylines, especially at night when you can actually see them (when the smog clears). As you say, the air pollution is horrible...many people were masks when they walk outside. Bangkok and Shanghai were particularly bad.

Bangkok's air pollution is not as bad as you think. I was there December 04. It is MUCH better now than it was 1989 when cars didn't have mufflers and there were no emission standards.

• 5 weeks later...

when this project is started whats going to be done with the sky bridge that connects Founders Hall and the Parking lot for the building??? isn't that where Ritz is being built

This is probably going to sound dumb, but I assume it will be cut off at the beginning of the block and look just like it does at epicentre. That is all i can see them doing. I am assuming that one branch will stay across the street though.

yea but parking? hows that gonna work? I understand they gotta cut it off, and it does't sound dumb at all, but how are people that attend pops, and broadway lights series and such going to get over to founders hall from the parking deck, like my gma is handicapped and she attends the events

yea but parking? hows that gonna work? I understand they gotta cut it off, and it does't sound dumb at all, but how are people that attend pops, and broadway lights series and such going to get over to founders hall from the parking deck, like my gma is handicapped and she attends the events

I know it's shocking, but perhaps they'll walk outside.

:huh:

I know it's shocking, but perhaps they'll walk outside.

:huh:

Egad! Walk outside?! Oh the humanity!

Seriously, I was told that they would build around it for a while, then when the new hotel surrounds it, they'll dismantle the section within the new structure, have a temporary walkway through the building while they build the floor the old walkway went through, then (whew!) open the permanent hallway on the site of the old. Sounds expensive to me, but then again, I'm not a big wig at BofA.

I think my gma and her charger wheel chair will like that haha, but that seems like it would be awfully dangerous and would create a "blindspot" to a crane operator, I just don't see them being able to actually build around a raised walkway, not only sounds dangerous but it sounds expensive. Then again, isn't the ritz carlton the defining point of expensive?

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, early July. The company constructing this is the same one doing the Citadin, and they'll break ground around the same time, so it's taking a little longer to organize it out.

Has Citiadin reached pre-sale requirements for phase I? If it reach pre-sale requirements will Ritz still go up in July?

Archived