School: Florida State University

csmurphy8885

Thanks for breaking that down for me, Poonther.

From what it sounds, TK wants Bobby to make a change at his son's position, Bobby refuses. He knows best of course.

Meanwhile, I think the A.D. is eating out of the Bowden hand. Just what it sounds like. T.K. may in fact shake things up at the end of the season by selecting a new A.D. if Mr. A.D. isn't able to make any effective changes of his own.

Why is this important, FSU's identity as a university is so closely tied to the success of that Football program, and I think T.K. and the Tallahassee community understand this. When Seminole football embarrasses itself, the entire university suffers.

Think about it.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for breaking that down for me, Poonther.

From what it sounds, TK wants Bobby to make a change at his son's position, Bobby refuses. He knows best of course.

Meanwhile, I think the A.D. is eating out of the Bowden hand. Just what it sounds like. T.K. may in fact shake things up at the end of the season by selecting a new A.D. if Mr. A.D. isn't able to make any effective changes of his own.

Why is this important, FSU's identity as a university is so closely tied to the success of that Football program, and I think T.K. and the Tallahassee community understand this. When Seminole football embarrasses itself, the entire university suffers.

Think about it.

^I can sometimes be race sensitive and I see where you're going with this.

Lee has almost not been given an opportunity to blossom with this team and it's a wonder he's still at FSU. Given his talent level, and the many other schools that would respect what he brings, its amazing he hasn't looked outside of Tallahassee, which only says to me, this young man must really like FSU, or he is living the good life and chooses not to "look the gift-horse in the mouth".

Looking at Chris Rix, Sexton, McPherson, Weatherford, and now Lee, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that their inconsistent play has more to do with the system under which they operate, than the athlete himself. It seems the best quarterbacks in College football have systems built around their style, and not the other way around. As it appears, the Bowden clan doesn't have the intellect to put together a scheme that has worked for any of the 5 QB's I listed above.

I do see race as an issue in this, but that doesn't surprise me at all.

FSU Center of Power and Energy

An $8.5 million center focused on power and energy is likely to be awarded to Florida State University.

What may become FSU's first state-funded Center of Excellence was recommended on Monday by the Florida Technology, Research and Scholarship Board.

It could ignite FSU research already under way in areas such as low-cost sustainable energy, improved power distribution and the potential of nuclear energy. The centers are charged with turning intellectual capital into commercial applications and jobs. The advisory board plucked four plans out of 32 proposals.

I'm imagining the spin off work created here from turning these studies into jobs. Doesn't this sound promising for the Tallahassee area? Are there any 30+ Tallahassee members that can speak to the opportunities they could see themselves or someone they know reaping from these advances? I just want to know if I'm to hopeful, or if the possibility exists that Tallahassee could start a great company from this very important area of study.

Bowden said tonight on the news:

"Alot of teams lost on Saturday, about HALF of them... so it looks like we aren't the only ones loosing".

Why am I not surprised he also supported G.W. Bush? Sounds like they're sharing a brain lately. I like Bowden, but dang, take the heat. The buck stops with you, act like it!

Yea, because after all, George W. Bush doesnt care about black people. Kanye said so, so it must be the truth. Ill bet all of the white Seminole fans secretly would rather lose all games with Weatherford than be successful w/ Lee too! Come on man.

Anyway, Jeff Bowden to step down at the end of the season.

http://www.wctv6.com/breakingnews/4643171.html

^:yahoo: Yes Lord Jeff is gone yes!! I'm sorry but I think that was a smart move, but ya know I think it's time for Bobby to pack his bags too. I love the man, and appreciate his hardwork over the years, but I think that his time to step down has been passed. This is 2006 and the game of football has changed. We can't keep playing like we did in 1993. I say out with the old and in with the new baby!! I just wished bobby would have let jeff leave sooner.

I wonder if they changed it from 4 to 6 to save face after their counting error? Maybe some political pull did this too? By jumping from 4 to 6, it gave the state's two flagship universities money and more money. While it's great for FSU and Tally, we still got the least amount and UF got the most. We best keep our eyes on what I call "those old commuter schools." They are starting to get some friends in high places.

UF: 8.5 million

USF: 8 million

FAU: 5 million

UCF: 4.5 million

FSU: 4 million

• 3 weeks later...

Spring is when it will be open. I don't know what the name of this building. I have a class in HCB or something like that next semester so I assume that is the building, or at least I hope so.

Also, they have started yet another building near Tully and the ROTC building.

Archived