IN PROGRESS: American Locomotive Works (ALCO)

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for plucking out the images Cotuit. Count me as a fan of the logo. Looking at the aerial view again reminds me that this development will really need to go a long way towards creating a well rounded, walkable community (with its own retail, dining, etc) since they are really far and really cut off from downtown... I hope the fruit market becomes something valuble for that area.

- Garris

Sorry if this make the forum stretch a little but I think it makes this project a lot more easy to vision

This rendering is not quite accurate. I'm going to see if I can get my hands on a larger version of the accurate rendering.

-Cotuit

alco-rend005.jpg

That pic give a great view of the 6/10 connector dean st exit... it would be nice to see something like Cotuit's redesign over there. It would be prime real estate for condos or offices.

It's great that the Promenade is just about coming to happen just with this one project...

That pic give a great view of the 6/10 connector dean st exit... it would be nice to see something like Cotuit's redesign over there. It would be prime real estate for condos or offices.

It's great that the Promenade is just about coming to happen just with this one project...

The Durkee Brown site gives a really good before and after shot, if you look close enough heritage harbor even pops up

I'm loving the lack of surface parking in that render. From a purely urban design standpoint, this project looks great to me.

An aside, that render really shows quite well how insignificant the Westin is to the skyline. I hope Westin II is more prominent.

thanks, i get where it is now, looks like surface parking in the pic... :D

I really like the footprint of this development, although I hope the right mix of living, working, eating, shopping and hotelgoing is there to prevent it from being a Kendall Square type experience.

I'm loving the lack of surface parking in that render. From a purely urban design standpoint, this project looks great to me.

An aside, that render really shows quite well how insignificant the Westin is to the skyline. I hope Westin II is more prominent.

I agree, 50 Kennedy Plaza looks huge compared to the Westin even though it's shorter.

I agree, 50 Kennedy Plaza looks huge compared to the Westin even though it's shorter.

That's kind of a trick of perspective, though. The building is thin and with the colors it kind of blends into the Biltmore because of the perspective.

Westin dominates the view if you drive in along Rt. 6/10. It is also all alone out there which in this case I think reduces it's size. 50 Kennedy looks taller because you know how tall the two buildings around it are.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived