2024 Forecasts and Predictions

markhollin

37 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Just looking here and I may have overlooked but I do not see the 8th & Demonbreun Hotel (Autograph Hotel) on the list, and I do think it will start this coming year. 

I do not think the Congress group will start on all three towers at once. They may start on one or two but not all three.

Good catch on Autograph.  Just added it.   : )

• Like 3

Predictions: I think if interest rates do end up coming down in 2024, we could see an uptick in land deals as developers start to ramp up. There's a lot of huge, well-located parcels in or near downtown that would be a no brainer for a large developer if the macro environment was more favorable. Spots like the former Station Disctrict site, the 7.5 acres on 16th and Church owned by dialysis clinic, the federal office building on 8th and Broadway, some of the lots around KVB/Peabody to 5th/6th, etc.

Wish list: I'm hoping the next round of proposals are of a higher calibre than what we've had in the last few years. Not trying to complain or sound ungrateful - we've had amazing growth for over a decade now, but so many of the high rises that came up were in the 300-400ft range. Hopefully between the growth we've continued to sustain, our comparitively strong performance in office, hotel, and residential occupancies downtown since the pandemic, and maybe some favorable amendments to the Bonus Height Program this summer, we could see a new class of 500+ft proposals over the next couple years. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MidTenn1 said:

I don't know, but those new renderings for the base of the 500 Lafayette site look pretty 'Ritzy' to me!!  Plan B?

I am afraid that project is in Deep, Deep Do, Do. The architect involved is no longer involved as well as the other partners. Tim Morris is being sued right and left and was even evicted from his offices at 5th & Broad for non-payment. If he can't get the Ritz done, then this one is doomed as well. That is why it is dead on the map. Speaking of which I am still trying to get the map done but it is a daunting task and not sure if I will finish before my surgery. But it is better than it was.

Maybe we can hope for a new developer there and the other locations! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, East Side Urbanite said:

This might be a good time to thank Ron and Mark (the two brightest UP Nashville stars) for their many contributions to the board and to our city. They have both created legacies, of sorts, that future generations of Nashvillians will benefit from. They have made, and continue to make, impressive contributions to this community. Props to both!

I'd like to thanks three others (in no particular order):

Bob. For his "technology contributions" to the team alone, he is crucial. Bob's dedication to the group is unquestioned.

Craig. In only a few short years, he has become an UrbanPlanet star.

John. I consider the man who is, hands down, the group's most eccentric and interesting gent as the UP Nashville "historian," of sorts. His institutional knowledge (and memory) ... off the charts.

To everybody who posts on the board and/or attends the meetings — Todd, Stephen, Brian, Cliff Lippard (we miss you), etc. — I send my Happy New Year well wishes. I love you fellas like brothers.

William

Thanks for the kind words and kudos, William.  : )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Ditto from as well. 

It is going to be an interesting year no matter what. Either way Nashville will fair better than a lot of cities.

William and I have both seen this video and it has shown up on the Charlotte site and shows just how badly some other cities are doing.

• Like 3

On 12/31/2023 at 9:54 AM, markhollin said:

Yes, indeed!

On 12/31/2023 at 12:26 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Ditto from as well. 

It is going to be an interesting year no matter what. Either way Nashville will fair better than a lot of cities.

William and I have both seen this video and it has shown up on the Charlotte site and shows just how badly some other cities are doing.

Worth watching if you have not done so.

• Like 1