Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Not true, you might have to pay it at the revenue office instead of in the city itself, but there is a city sales tax added to the purchase of a vehicle that does find its way back to the city in which it was purchased.  I'm sure this isn't a huge loss to Springdale compared to say Sam's Club, but it most certainly is a loss.

Not true, you might have to pay it at the revenue office instead of in the city itself, but there is a city sales tax added to the purchase of a vehicle that does find its way back to the city in which it was purchased.  I'm sure this isn't a huge loss to Springdale compared to say Sam's Club, but it most certainly is a loss.

My fault. Misunderstanding of the law. Thanks for clarifying.

But the sales tax for a new vehicle that is charged is only 6.5% -- that's the STATE sales tax.  I don't believe they collect the 2% Springdale city sales tax, or the 1.25% Washington County sales tax, therefore the city of Springdale isn't really losing any revenue.  To Comreguy's point, they will probably get something on that corner in the future that will actually produce revenue for the city.

It seems like the I540/Porter Rd. intersection is terribly underdeveloped commercially....  I hope the Kum & Go gets approved...  and hope other commercial outlets go into that area as well.

I agree with you completely.  I live in a new subdivision about 3-4 minutes NW of there and just to get gas you have to fight Wedington traffic or wind your way around to Sam's.  That should be a prime spot for a little commercial development.  I hope the Kum and Go does get approved.

It seems like the I540/Porter Rd. intersection is terribly underdeveloped commercially....  I hope the Kum & Go gets approved...  and hope other commercial outlets go into that area as well.

Yeah, I always surprised how little development has been in that general area considering there's interstate access right there.  Even more so now because they'll be widening I-540 between Wedington and Porter Rd now.  But maybe development is finally starting to come to that general area now.

I live right off of Mt Comfort in that area and I can say we all need a gas station there badly.  Wedington traffic is way to crowded right now to go that direction in the mornings and most of us want to go on Mt Comfort and hit 540. 

Does anyone know how to contact our Ward Reps?  Any links available?  I would be glad to get a huge following to do it.

I live right off of Mt Comfort in that area and I can say we all need a gas station there badly.  Wedington traffic is way to crowded right now to go that direction in the mornings and most of us want to go on Mt Comfort and hit 540. 

Does anyone know how to contact our Ward Reps?  Any links available?  I would be glad to get a huge following to do it.

http://www.accessfayetteville.org/government/city_council/index.cfm

• Like 1

Seems the large chunk of real estate that was for sale that includes warehouse space and mini storage between has been sold  and there's a rezone notice up, commercial and industrial to community/services? Any clues as to whats planned?

Seems the large chunk of real estate that was for sale that includes warehouse space and mini storage between has been sold  and there's a rezone notice up, commercial and industrial to community/services? Any clues as to whats planned?

Are  you referring to more of the stuff south of MLK near Baum Stadium?

I don't believe it has sold, but it is under contract. They are rezoning for...wait for it....

Student Housing

I don't know if what's under contract includes the parcels that fronts MLK, but I'm pretty sure that the Bunting electrical isn't part of it and highly doubtfully the Cobb facility is ever up for sale unless it's to he UA. Those two parcels would hold a medium sized arena like what the master plan proposed that would take advantage of already existing parking and there's a lot for sale that belongs to the electronics factory between it and the Domain.

I don't know if what's under contract includes the parcles that fronts MLK, but I'm pretty sure that the Bunting eleteical isn't part of it and highly doubtfully the Cobb facility is ever up for sale unless it's to he UA. Those two parcels would hold a medium sized arena like what the master plan proposed that would take advantage of already existing parking and there's a lot for sale that belongs to the electronics factory between it and the Domain.

The contracted property include the small warehouse buildings previously owned by Lazenby and I believe the homeless shelter and potentially the carwash. I only know the warehouses for certain.

post-29082-0-90175700-1382735206_thumb.j

The red box doesn't seem to be part of it and it's enough for a restaurant pad or two fast food  joints and likely worth a good chunk of money, It's a Bombed out American Legion post and a powdercoating business.

The area in the blue box is what's known to be under contract

The purple box is the Bunting electrical place and Cobb, assumed to not be part of the sale and would be big enough for a multiuse facility that seats around 5,000 that the UofA Athletic masterplan calls for. Considering that Baum holds that and more the UofA is happy with the existing parking with little more really needed to service the arena planned in the future.

The yellow is existing apts that had a for sale sign on them from the same realtor as the other parcels

The lime green box is for sale by the manufacturer that owns the facility to the south.

This all leaves what was the OIl place that Hoskins once pitched as condos catering to folks wanting a place to stay during athletic events, a sign touting this is still there and area of land across Razorback that starts at the back of Chick fil a and runs to the train track. I was once told to keep an eye out for something on that piece of land but it's been over a year and nothing.

Premium Brands has relocated and that building of their is mostly empty and used for storage. include that with the undeveloped land and that's a large chunk of real estate.

Well shoot that isn't the size of pic I wanted, just click it.

Edited by TRB