Civic Theatre Renovation

joeDowntown

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am taking a tour of the theatre tomorrow and helping to document the show on wednesday, I will probably make a video about the rennovations. but i am looking for a nice large photo showing the theatre before the rennovations to do a before/after anyone got something? send me an email if you do:

joshleo {at} gmail.com

I was there, it was an ok event.. they separated the Really rich people fromt he other people, they had their own separate reception tent, and their own special after party, even had different colored tickets... In the end it was jsut a big bunch of rich white people patting themselves on the back. But hey, the city benefits from it, so i can't complain too much...

anyone have a large picture of the theatre before the renovations?

I was there, it was an ok event.. they separated the Really rich people fromt he other people, they had their own separate reception tent, and their own special after party, even had different colored tickets... In the end it was jsut a big bunch of rich white people patting themselves on the back. But hey, the city benefits from it, so i can't complain too much...

Just like the theatres in shakespearian days!

I think that's pretty typical for a benefactor event. Usually they hold the public and private events on separate nights, so it happens that there's an event for the "black-tie" crowd, you're just not exposed to it. It's not like they left you with not enough lifeboats or something. :lol:

not to be a stickler, but I think you are breaking copyright laws by publishing the video of that song online... just saying... Though my hands aren't completely clean in the copyright world...

Are you referring to the pictures here, or the video that's on Youtube's site? I think the pictures here are BoyWithDreams'. Youtube can worry about its own copyright violation issues. :thumbsup:

Are you referring to the pictures here, or the video that's on Youtube's site? I think the pictures here are BoyWithDreams'. Youtube can worry about its own copyright violation issues. :thumbsup:

not the photos, the video. Youtubes terms of service clearly state that the person posting the copyrighted material is held responsible, not youtube. In addition to that, when you post a video to youtube, you have to agree that it is not copyrighted material...

whoever took the photos/video must have been kinda near me (front center balcony)

not the photos, the video. Youtubes terms of service clearly state that the person posting the copyrighted material is held responsible, not youtube. In addition to that, when you post a video to youtube, you have to agree that it is not copyrighted material...

whoever took the photos/video must have been kinda near me (front center balcony)

I don't think we know who "blueturbo" is, so its still not in anyone else's hands.

Hey, FYI I didn't take the pics, nor the video. So if it DOES break violation issues, than the mod can delete them or whatever.

I'm actually in the producition of A Chorus Line... :-)

and Blueturbo is a harmless soul.

I am going to see it when it opens (got free tickets for filming the event) which part are you?

(sorry if this is getting off topic)

so... no opinions? thoughts? commentaries? no one to even name what the heck the red building i pointed to actually is?

Nice video, well done as always. Without pulling the video back up again (long download) I think you pointed to the old YMCA building which is now called the Fitzgerald being renovated into condos by Second Strory.

Hi Josh! Great job with the videos... They actually took out a lot of seats in the Peanut gallery during the renovation..

Last year I ran Spot-Lights for Wizard of Oz at Civic, and honestly it was the dustiest (<-- is that even a word) darkest, and a very un-inviting place. They added that wall, with the door (which you looked out of.

But, i've never been to the roof! How exciting.

• 8 months later...

Archived