Plaza Tower

Florida

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pix,, one thing that ticks me off about kleman plaza is how it is generally very nice, but they totally neglected the stage area and stairs between Plaza tower and tallahassee center.. it looks ratty trashy and not cared for... I remember when it opened there used to be open mic and performances there, but now it sits delapitated as ever. comon tally, we can do better.

I'm certainly not a major fan of the Capitol because I'll much rather see taller more interesting structures in downtown, but when driving east on Tennessee Street one can't help but notice that the Plaza Tower project is directly in the line of sight of the Capitol. I suppose the one positive effect would be the appearance of more density in downtown.

• 2 weeks later...

GG, I was on my way downtown this evening when the rain began to fall, so no pictures yet. But I did see what you reported and I would guess this would be, maybe, the final lift of the cranes? Toolman is probably more qualified than anyone else I know of on this issue. But things are really lookin' good downtown! At least from 3 miles away!

GG, I was on my way downtown this evening when the rain began to fall, so no pictures yet. But I did see what you reported and I would guess this would be, maybe, the final lift of the cranes? Toolman is probably more qualified than anyone else I know of on this issue. But things are really lookin' good downtown! At least from 3 miles away!

Based on this CSI-like ;) simulation of what 8 more floors will look like, my guess is another lift on the North crane will be forthcoming.

Untitled-2.jpg

BTW - I sat out there Friday morning and watched them add the sections. It was pretty neat. It probably only took about 10 minutes per section once everything was ready.

Archived