Plaza Tower

Florida

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if we will ever get away from the rectangular look on our skyline. I am not complaining, just making an observation. Look at The Ellington in Asheville, N.C. It is 23 stores like our Plaza Tower but is so much more in my opinion. I would love for a building like this to on the corner of Tenn.St and North Monroe!

post-11373-1194198396_thumb.jpg

post-11373-1194198452_thumb.jpg

I just love this night view!!!

post-11373-1194198597_thumb.jpg

Skyline IMPACT!!!!

post-11373-1194198639_thumb.jpg

post-11373-1194198396_thumb.jpg

post-11373-1194198452_thumb.jpg

post-11373-1194198597_thumb.jpg

post-11373-1194198639_thumb.jpg

I've been through Nashville via I-65. I remember looking at their skyline, but wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. However, the Louisville Skyline very nice. Both skylines, however, are nicer than ours.

I can't help but want a building just like the new Tower in Mobile, AL everytime I drive through there. I love that building. And I'd love it more if Tallahassee had it.

Mobile's skyline wasn't that great especially for their size until they got the RSA Tower of which you speak this year.

I'm not a fan at all of Nashville's "batman building." I think that's their signature skyline bldg. if I remember correctly.

Louisville's skyline looks best when viewed from across the river in Indiana.

Off topic but along the lines of going green...I highly encourage everyone (if you haven't already) on the board to purchase "Green Bags" or their brethren to replace the paper/plastic bags you use at the grocery store. Usually a little under 2 bucks so you can buy as many as you need. They are sturdy, fit more than you think, and just eliminate the whole need to throw away your grocery bags or haul them back to the store to be recycled. I just keep them in my car so that they are handy for my pit stops or grocery errands.

I have observed that people take notice when I have used them and seems to at least give them a spark to possibly purchase some for themselves.

There was an op-ed in the Democrat a while back that said that the baby steps we take aren't enough to eliminate our growing environmental problems, but I disagree. Definitely should take some more proactive steps for the bigger picture, but I think the small steps that the general public can take (stomach) now can't at all hurt.

Off topic but along the lines of going green...I highly encourage everyone (if you haven't already) on the board to purchase "Green Bags" or their brethren to replace the paper/plastic bags you use at the grocery store. Usually a little under 2 bucks so you can buy as many as you need. They are sturdy, fit more than you think, and just eliminate the whole need to throw away your grocery bags or haul them back to the store to be recycled. I just keep them in my car so that they are handy for my pit stops or grocery errands.

I have observed that people take notice when I have used them and seems to at least give them a spark to possibly purchase some for themselves.

There was an op-ed in the Democrat a while back that said that the baby steps we take aren't enough to eliminate our growing environmental problems, but I disagree. Definitely should take some more proactive steps for the bigger picture, but I think the small steps that the general public can take (stomach) now can't at all hurt.

I use those $.99 Publix green bags too. Now they come in other colors too. They also make one for a four pack of wine which I purchased and will come in handy when I travel w/wine to give to friends as a "thank you." These green bags also make great traveling bags for snacks and what-not. You also don't have to use them just at the stores they come from.

I use those $.99 Publix green bags too. Now they come in other colors too. They also make one for a four pack of wine which I purchased and will come in handy when I travel w/wine to give to friends as a "thank you." These green bags also make great traveling bags for snacks and what-not. You also don't have to use them just at the stores they come from.

Archived