Vanderbilt Univ. Medical Center Link Building Tower (16 stories, 470,000 sq. ft., $500 million)

markhollin

On 4/2/2023 at 12:24 PM, MLBrumby said:

Woah!  So what was that under the Oxford House parking lot?  Doesn't look like more parking, or maybe it was and I just don't remember. I've heard of a series of tunnels running all underneath the VU campus, but I've only been in a couple of segments. When I lived on The 'bod (Peabody) we didn't have the pedestrian bridges. So many times we walked through the lobby of VUMC.  

It was part of a parking garage.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crane being placed for the parking garage addition; 2nd base starting to rise along 21st Ave. South--this one most likely for the hospital tower.

Looking  NW from intersection of 21st Ave. South and Pierce Ave:

LINK Hospital, May 21, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking NW from 21st Ave. South at Vivien Thomas Way:

LINK Hospital, May 21, 2023, 2.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

2nd crane up and operational on west side of project (Medical Center Dr.); 3rd tower crane along 21st Ave. South is going up today. 

Looking west at 2nd crane from 21st Ave. South at Vivien Thomas Way:

Vandy LINK Hospital, June 11, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking north from Medical Center Drive, 1/2 block north of Pierce Ave:

Vandy LINK Hospital, June 11, 2023, 2.jpeg

Looking at 1st and 2nd crane from 21st Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Children's Way:

Vandy LINK Hospital, June 11, 2023, 3.jpeg

Sections for 3rd crane awaiting assembly.  Looking NW from 21st Ave. South, 1/2 block north of Pierce Ave:

Vandy LINK Hospital, June 11, 2023, 4.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • markhollin changed the title to Vanderbilt Univ. Medical Center Link Building Tower (16 stories, 470,000 sq. ft., $500 million)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It is a real mess over there too. I have PT twice a week and end up having to park in the Clinic garage and walking to the South tower. I have to do this for the rest of December, and it looks like my surgery is going to be in January with 6 more weeks of therapy after that. The Central garage fills up by 9:30 and the addition to the Clinic garage is always almost full. Either way there is not enough parking, and the construction is going to last for 3 more years.

Good thing it is not my knee that is getting operated on. They do have little golf cart shuttles, but you never know if those folks are going to show up for work or not. 

• Like 2