UP Technical Support Question

23 hours ago, Nathan_in_DC said:

Someone mentioned in a thread that it's possible to mute some accounts... But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this. Anyone have any ideas?

Press the menu icon in the top right (three horizontal lines), then Account, then Ignored Users. You can add users there. Instead of seeing their posts your see something saying that they posted but you’ve chosen to ignore, and you have the option of showing an individual post. 

note: I’m using safari on an iPhone. Not sure if the desktop experience, or another browser, is any different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pdt2f said:

Press the menu icon in the top right (three horizontal lines), then Account, then Ignored Users. You can add users there. Instead of seeing their posts your see something saying that they posted but you’ve chosen to ignore, and you have the option of showing an individual post. 

note: I’m using safari on an iPhone. Not sure if the desktop experience, or another browser, is any different. 

That worked! Thanks! No idea how I missed that.

• 9 months later...

I did forward these last two to Neo!  I do know the site needs to make money with ad revenue, but to be honest I never use my phone for anything other than a quick search of a phone call because the size of the screen limits you on most anything you do. Smart phones are useless IMO. Always have been and always will be. Thats just me.  I have old eyes. 

From Neo

I agree, let me see what I can do on this. Ad revenue has dropped off the face of the planet and I probably went a bit too overboard with trying to compensate.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 2:54 AM, samsonh said:

This is still really bad. Any time I come to the site I have to deal with defeating a quiz that thinks I’m a bot and a bunch of pop ups. 

The Captcha is getting REALLY annoying. It doesn't just pop up during login, it's every time I load the forum, regardless of whether or not my login session is saved. Sometimes it decides that it needs to pop up while I'm just browsing. The pop up ads are extremely intrusive, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all, anyone is able to purchase a membership and show support for this site in exchange for an ad free experience (among other benefits). You can do so here: https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/subscriptions/

This site's hosting, licensing, etc is not cheap. I hate ads too, but not enough pay a membership fee to cover even one month of expenses.

6 hours ago, Neo said:

Hi all, anyone is able to purchase a membership and show support for this site in exchange for an ad free experience (among other benefits). You can do so here: https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/subscriptions/

This site's hosting, licensing, etc is not cheap. I hate ads too, but not enough pay a membership fee to cover even one month of expenses.

Done! Thanks! Did not realize that was an option

• 2 months later...