Monthly UP walking tour and meetup!

CLT Development

52 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Upcoming walking tours will include Salisbury June 17 by I think a city of Salisbury official and the schedule will be arranged for Amtrak riders from Charlotte or drivers. 

And later in the summer a road trip!  And who does not like a road trip this time to downtown Greensboro.  August 19 again around the Amtrak schedule and yes I checked it already free parking in city owned garages on the weekends in Greensboro.  This is taking Learning from Other Places to a new level.  

I might have to participate in the Salisbury tour since that is my hometown!!😁

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Looks like a great tour! Need to join one with either yourself or RDF! Are those apartments or office in the outfield of the ball park? Really wish the knights stadium could get something similar in the large blank space in the outfield. Rooftop bar overlooking the field would be awesome! 

Yes they are building a 7 story mixed use building 5 levels of apartments over 2 levels of offices and retail with the Towel City Tavern coming to ground floor all overlooking the ballpark.  

Yes Truist field has some vacant land and they should do a hotel apartment tower combo there.  

44 minutes ago, rancenc said:

I might have to participate in the Salisbury tour since that is my hometown!!😁

Salisbury has a lot of history in it and it was a rival to Charlotte in the early 1800s.  and we all remember what President George Washington said.  Hint he liked Salisbury better.  

• Like 4

On 4/15/2023 at 10:25 PM, nicholas said:

A borderline unbelievable turnaround compared to how things were 20 years ago.

Yeah, I was tasked ~20 years ago with improving sales at the K-town location of the delivery restaurant chain I worked for.  unfortunately the store was relatively well run so there wasn't a whole lot of improvement to be had.  It was hit hard by the closure of Cannon Mills.  I basically was able to convince my boss, but corporate was never happy.  I was (and still am) super skeptical of the research park, but it's damn good to see growth there.  

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Come join the Charlotte Urbanists and UP on a walking tour of downtown Winston Salem Dec.  16 meeting at 10:30 am at the Mickey Coffee Pot.  (S Main St and Old Salem Road corner)   Starting in Salem then walking into Winston and talking about the Twin City.   About 1.5 hour.   Winston is doing lots of great things downtown that are lessons for all of NC 's urban centers.  

December Jane's Walk - Winston-Salem, Sat, Dec 16, 2023, 10:30 AM | Meetup

Learn the 5 things Charlotte should be thanking Winston Salem for that had a major impact on the QC's growth.  Okay 4 of them are MAJOR!    Look for us at this 12 foot high coffee pot!  

20231005_103044.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2023 at 1:22 PM, KJHburg said:

Come join the Charlotte Urbanists and UP on a walking tour of downtown Winston Salem Dec.  16 meeting at 10:30 am at the Mickey Coffee Pot.  (S Main St and Old Salem Road corner)   Starting in Salem then walking into Winston and talking about the Twin City.   About 1.5 hour.   Winston is doing lots of great things downtown that are lessons for all of NC 's urban centers.  

December Jane's Walk - Winston-Salem, Sat, Dec 16, 2023, 10:30 AM | Meetup

Learn the 5 things Charlotte should be thanking Winston Salem for that had a major impact on the QC's growth.  Okay 4 of them are MAJOR!    Look for us at this 12 foot high coffee pot!  

20231005_103044.jpg

Next Saturday in Winston at the big coffee pot 12/16. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 1:56 PM, KJHburg said:

a local meetup at Hex Coffee at Camp Northend Saturday Dec. 30 at 2 pm.  Come  to casually discuss what is going on what is being delayed what will never happen in the Charlotte development scene.  Rare appearance by @CLT Development

So put on your calendars and this harkens back to one of the first UP meetup after @CLT Development moved back here several years ago where it was raining and one of our members went looking for some coffee and he was gone for 30 plus minutes.  He found a free cup at some boutique.  No problem like that now at Camp North End.  See you then!

The Roastery – HEX Coffee

this coming Saturday stop by and learn what towers may never happen, delayed or will start soon.   @CLT Development

• Like 4