Crescent: Carson Southend (Enterprise site) S. Tryon x Carson MXD

KJHburg

I assumed that was all residential and that the parking deck was buried inside of it.  That’s how they generally build in Chapel Hill.  They build the deck first and then wrap the apartments around the deck.  Here’s an example.  There are several examples of this rising in CH right now.

IMG_0873.jpeg

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ABCW said:

Not sure if this has been on here before but I found this rendering on Spectrums website. Note the Moore&VanAllen signage. 

https://spectrumcos.com/portfolios/carson-tryon/

well this is VERY INTERESTING  and I had heard they were going elsewhere.  Perhaps all major office developers in town were pitching them.  Uptown or Upper Southend?  Hmmm 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

well this is VERY INTERESTING  and I had heard they were going elsewhere.  Perhaps all major office developers in town were pitching them.  Uptown or Upper Southend?  Hmmm 

Pretty sure it'll be Legacy Union, their largest client is only a "promenade" away. I'd rather it go here for sure though. I'd reckon theres 4-5 towers that have this logo on a photoshop on someone's computer.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

Pretty sure it'll be Legacy Union, their largest client is only a "promenade" away. I'd rather it go here for sure though. I'd reckon theres 4-5 towers that have this logo on a photoshop on someone's computer.

Really, you think so?  A developer would be so bold as to misappropriate the branding of a bunch of lawyers on a public-facing website?

Edited by RANYC

1 hour ago, RANYC said:

Really, you think so?  A developer would be so bold as to misappropriate the branding of a bunch of lawyers on a public-facing website?

At the media day for 110 East the video playing FOR MEDIA had Robinson Bradshaw on the top of it, and we all know how that went. I saw renderings of Honeywell on three different buildings. 

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 7:46 PM, KJHburg said:

good things about the marketing video or good things about the financing prospects for this breaking ground imminently?

• 3 months later...
On 2/2/2024 at 3:28 PM, KJHburg said:

From the Biz Journal today and from what I have heard from whispers in the real estate community this tower and whole project will start this year.  

From the Biz Journal these are direct quotes from a Crescent exec: emphasis is mine. 

""Out-of-market interest is also picking back up. During the last six months of the year, across our portfolio, we saw a substantial uptick in out-of-market inquiries. Multimarket tenants are predominantly looking at Atlanta, Nashville, Charlotte and Dallas, and the Carolinas tend to rise to the top, more specifically Charlotte. I think that will continue as Charlotte has tremendous infrastructure and the airport as a huge economic driver. 

Project spotlight: We hope to kick off construction on Carson & Tryon as soon as possible. We’re focusing on finishing our pre-development work, so we’re in for permits now. Our other primary objective is pre-leasing. There’s a market expectation, but we feel confident in the appeal of the asset and the interest that’s already there.""

Commercial real estate leaders in Charlotte talk trends, outlook - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

This is exciting!!! 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

From the CEO of Spectrum Properties about Carson and Tryon project where Spectrum is helping with the office leasing:  By the way Vantage Southend's office space is 100% leased!

""We’re helping Crescent Communities and are excited to be teamed up with them on their tower Carson & Tryon. We think they’ve put together a great plan, a great story and a great building. We’re working to help sell their vision. What they are working hard on is telling the story of what it will be like to be a tenant there. What they’ve found is there’s a lot of interest in wanting to be part of what’s happening right there on Carson Boulevard. It’s the best place in town. They’re telling the story of that part of town, of the project, and not just the amenities in the building but surrounding the building.

Successful office buildings over the next decade will not be successful because of just the amenities in the building but also because of the amenities outside the building and close by. Telling that story and being at that location is the connection to South End and uptown. You get to be there and have the best of both worlds. I’m cautiously optimistic that Crescent will be able to get that going soon.""

Spectrum Cos. sees Vantage South End as blueprint for office success - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 4

wow I am not that cynical about it so I guess I wont post anything I read about the Centene campus. 

I think this project is going to happen and start this year.  When you look at a delivery 2+ to 3  years out from now it is feasible and they are backed by huge financial partner.  

Office Market Myths

Office Market Myths (visme.co)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1