Apple Campus in the RTP

KJHburg

9 hours ago, nicholas said:

Has any Raleigh user ever actually read a single post in the Charlotte forum or do yall just echo what you think Charlotte people post about? 

News flash, and possibly a disappointment to you, but for the most part Raleigh users couldn't care less about what happens in Charlotte.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/15/2023 at 1:39 PM, DownEast said:

I'm from eastern NC. In the process of moving to Durham for work, staying close to downtown which is exciting. I visit all of the different NC city forums. Kind of like KJ, and like KJ, I cheer for any urban advancement statewide. As for Apple... I certainly would prefer a dense location that utilizes transit. But, they ain't about that life. lol. Google appears to be headed for in-town digs at ATC-2. Pendo and Red Hat were certainly nice scores for DT Raleigh. Now if First Citizens could act like a bank and put a signature tower DT... wierdos.

I've been arguing this for years. From what I understand they are now in the 15 top US banks. We should start an online petition for a 50 story DT tower.  

• 4 months later...

Sounds like Apple's campus is going to start in 2 years or so.  They have leased 2 whole buildings one in Cary next to Met Life and one in Morrisville so they have plenty of room for employees right now as they contine to grow.  Sounds like to me they want to grow substantially before they open their new RTP home. 

Apple at RTP: Construction could begin by 2026, docs show | WRAL TechWire

from the Biz Journal article

""The buildout for Apple’s campus in Research Triangle Park is still years away, newly released documents show.

A line item in a traffic study by engineering firm Kimley-Horn, which references the multi-building project planned off Louis Stephens Drive in Morrisville, says buildout is planned for 2026.  

Called “Project Bear” by officials, the first phase includes a 41-acre development with six buildings and a parking garage, according to site plans obtained by TBJ earlier this year. Those plans, filed in May with Wake County, show there will be more than 700,000 square feet of office space, 190,000 square feet of accessory space and close to 3,000 parking spaces.

In the Kimley-Horn documents, it says the Apple project is "proposed to consist of up to 682,000 square feet of office and various employee support facilities.""

Documents hint at Apple's construction timeline for North Carolina campus - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 4

On 12/11/2023 at 4:13 PM, KJHburg said:

Sounds like Apple's campus is going to start in 2 years or so.  They have leased 2 whole buildings one in Cary next to Met Life and one in Morrisville so they have plenty of room for employees right now as they contine to grow.  Sounds like to me they want to grow substantially before they open their new RTP home. 

Apple at RTP: Construction could begin by 2026, docs show | WRAL TechWire

from the Biz Journal article

""The buildout for Apple’s campus in Research Triangle Park is still years away, newly released documents show.

A line item in a traffic study by engineering firm Kimley-Horn, which references the multi-building project planned off Louis Stephens Drive in Morrisville, says buildout is planned for 2026.  

Called “Project Bear” by officials, the first phase includes a 41-acre development with six buildings and a parking garage, according to site plans obtained by TBJ earlier this year. Those plans, filed in May with Wake County, show there will be more than 700,000 square feet of office space, 190,000 square feet of accessory space and close to 3,000 parking spaces.

In the Kimley-Horn documents, it says the Apple project is "proposed to consist of up to 682,000 square feet of office and various employee support facilities.""

Documents hint at Apple's construction timeline for North Carolina campus - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Media is getting bad info here. This project will break ground 1st quarter of ‘24

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Nothing really new here but Apple is still hiring in the region and upfitting thousands of square feet of leased office space in Durham County and in Cary.

""The tech company headquartered in Cupertino, California, said it would invest $552 million and create at least 3,000 jobs paying an average of $187,000 a year.

The company, which has a hybrid program for remote work, is hiring at temporary locations in the Triangle. Apple is investing in renovations at office campuses in Cary and Durham to house those workers. The company could still meet milestones without moving dirt in RTP, where filings show plans for a 41-acre first phase with six buildings and a parking garage.""

Why Apple's North Carolina campus is taking so long - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

My thoughts is that Apple is slowing and steadily building their workforce here and dont want to move a few hundred people into space built for thousands of employees.  That is why they leased over 250,000 sq ft of space in those 2 locations and keep hiring for those buildings hybrid or whatever.  In Austin they announced like 3000 jobs initially and ended up today with 7000 jobs.  So patience is the key here.  

• Like 4

• 2 months later...