Lake Eola Park

orange87

15 minutes ago, Uncommon said:

I would kill for that 28 story tower that was approved on this lot that started this whole mess in the first place.

omg, I was just talking about that proposal two days ago to a friend.  At this point, what would it even matter, right?

23 minutes ago, codypet said:

That corner of the park where the cafe was supposed to go is already overrun by the unhoused.  It likely wouldn't have been once the cafe went there.

Publix at Paramount is the new Walgreens is the new 7-Eleven Plaza is the new 7-Eleven from this former corner retail space.  Maybe they should put a 7-Eleven inside City Hall so that Buddy can finally do something about it.  But based on trends around the country with crime and homelessness they'll just allow this DTO to get overrun and destroyed vacancy by vacancy...and person by person...  Now I know why there's a skywalk system in The ATL and Cincy...

3 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Part of the reason for the Rocks is "function" actually. They don't want shade trees and park benches because that would become a bunk for unsheltered. Thus no shade and round rocks that are not easy to lay on.  You will notice a lot of the park benches have a center "arm rest separator" in the middle of them in parks. There is a functional reason for that. 

Yeah, I understand all that, including the "arm rests" (hobo repellers), but they could have accomplished the same thing in this failure of a public space project. 

A round planter with a nice oak in the center could have used any of several methods to make lying down impossible, while still providing an inviting place for people to sit and rest in the shade. 

This thing is basically useless.  

And I bet the hobos will still be lounging on the rocks. 

sddefault.jpg

;)  

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, orange87 said:

I'd love for them to paint a mural on that building next to where this park is going to be.

I thought I read in the linked article, that a mural is going to be part of the project. 

They probably just couldn't include it in the rendering.

I'm just hoping it's not some fugly crap like the newest one on Orange and Pine.