The Republic Is Saved.

spenser1058

18 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I think it's after 5,000 people are APPREHENDED WHILE TRYING to cross the border illegally. 

As for the work visas, American companies benefit from the labor these people provide. They pay income taxes and if they're here to work rather than become involved in crime, that's a good thing. 

It looks like conservatives just want to stop Mexicans and Central American Hispanics from entering the US period. 

That is my understanding. The big deal is that it modified the asylum system which is causing all of the problems we see. Fix that and the border will get a lot better. 

But why fix something when you can campaign on it. Obamacare 2.0. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jack said:

That is my understanding. The big deal is that it modified the asylum system which is causing all of the problems we see. Fix that and the border will get a lot better. 

But why fix something when you can campaign on it. Obamacare 2.0. 

true on many fronts

On 2/14/2024 at 3:53 PM, JFW657 said:

I think it's after 5,000 people are APPREHENDED WHILE TRYING to cross the border illegally. 

As for the work visas, American companies benefit from the labor these people provide. They pay income taxes and if they're here to work rather than become involved in crime, that's a good thing. 

It looks like conservatives just want to stop Mexicans and Central American Hispanics from entering the US period. 

I think it has more to do with the facts that the majority of the people trying to come here illegally are poor and are a net negative on our society. Everything the American government does should be in the best interest of American citizens. We don't owe the world anything. It's not in the best interest of American citizens to have millions of people with no money, no skills and don't speak English coming here. Work visas are fine because that actually benefits American citizens.

Edited by orange87
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, orange87 said:

I think it has more to do with the facts that the majority of the people trying to come here illegally are poor and are a net negative on our society. Everything the American government does should be in the best interest of American citizens. We don't owe the world anything. It's not in the best interest of American citizens to have millions of people with no money, no skills and don't speak English coming here. Work visas are fine because that actually benefits American citizens.

I haven't seen any data about the average net worth of illegals, but it stand to reason that they'd be poor. The wealthy and middle class are the ones who stay home because they aren't facing the kinds of conditions that the poor are. But be that as it may, if these people are willing to work, which I believe most of them are, the kinds of low-skilled and unskilled labor they provide is something that our economy badly needs.

If they are allowed to come here and work for six months out of the year, return home then come back again the next year, it would provide our economy with a steady supply of workers willing to do the kinds of jobs American workers are not willing to do. Plus, it would greatly help them and their families by improving their standard of living back home.  

But as long as the issue is being exploited for political gain, everybody will suffer. 

16 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I haven't seen any data about the average net worth of illegals, but it stand to reason that they'd be poor. The wealthy and middle class are the ones who stay home because they aren't facing the kinds of conditions that the poor are. But be that as it may, if these people are willing to work, which I believe most of them are, the kinds of low-skilled and unskilled labor they provide is something that our economy badly needs.

If they are allowed to come here and work for six months out of the year, return home then come back again the next year, it would provide our economy with a steady supply of workers willing to do the kinds of jobs American workers are not willing to do. Plus, it would greatly help them and their families by improving their standard of living back home.  

But as long as the issue is being exploited for political gain, everybody will suffer. 

It used to be like that in the old days. Plenty of migrants worked the harvest season and went back to Mexico afterwards. We need a system like that again. 

41 minutes ago, jack said:

It used to be like that in the old days. Plenty of migrants worked the harvest season and went back to Mexico afterwards. We need a system like that again. 

By facilitating their ability to earn enough money to have a life worth living back home, it would give them a reason to want to return there and not try to re-enter illegally.

All while providing valuable, needed labor and income tax revenue. 

Party/power politics influences too many things that it shouldn't in this country.  

BREAKING: Trump ordered to pay $355 million and barred from doing business in New York

Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/16/nyregion/trump-civil-fraud-trial-ruling.html

- In other news -

GOP's Biden "Investigation" FBI informant has been charged with a felony for admitting he made it all up

Article: https://www.axios.com/2024/02/15/biden-special-counsel-charges-fbi-informant-alexander-smirnov?fbclid=IwAR1KN2tGB1Zd1N3cNcAaybwPt_dC7SaS9IY1gk7YlmvbfqudyP7_wwIh5bc

Edited by orange87

3 hours ago, orange87 said:

BREAKING: Trump ordered to pay $355 million and barred from doing business in New York

Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/16/nyregion/trump-civil-fraud-trial-ruling.html

- In other news -

GOP's Biden "Investigation" FBI informant has been charged with a felony for admitting he made it all up

Article: https://www.axios.com/2024/02/15/biden-special-counsel-charges-fbi-informant-alexander-smirnov?fbclid=IwAR1KN2tGB1Zd1N3cNcAaybwPt_dC7SaS9IY1gk7YlmvbfqudyP7_wwIh5bc

Imagine how we'll be scratching our heads in bewilderment if, a year from now, Trump has managed to wriggle and squirm his way out of everything and gotten himself reelected, while Biden is sitting back home in Delaware and like the rest of the sane half of America, wondering what the hell happened.  :shok: 

Biden considering new executive action to restrict asylum at the border, sources say

Article: https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/21/politics/biden-considering-executive-action-to-close-southern-border-sources-say/index.html

Biden said he needed Congresses authority to do this. Clearly he was full of it. Trump did the same exact thing and the Dems threw a hissy fit and a liberal judge struck it down

32 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Biden considering new executive action to restrict asylum at the border, sources say

Article: https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/21/politics/biden-considering-executive-action-to-close-southern-border-sources-say/index.html

Biden said he needed Congresses authority to do this. Clearly he was full of it. Trump did the same exact thing and the Dems threw a hissy fit and a liberal judge struck it down

illegals flood into the EU thru Greece a lot.  Once you're in Greece, you're IN (in, not Indiana).  The border is a political football.  regardless of which side of the aisle you fall on, you have a situation where people who were never elected are the ones making policy.  The border is a carrot.  For what? Israel? No.  Because Israel is another carrot.  For what?  Funneling money thru Ukraine just like they did with Afghanistan.  Ukraine had a signed treaty with Russia.  So who's behind all of this? It's complicated.  The real sticking point is that I don't think that Trump will be able to get anything done once elected because if He in fact wants to strong arm NATO to pay their fair share, they'll tell him to fudge off.  I say Him because the Neocons will back NATO and make Trump look like a Russian agent, which He is not.  So now, you have a "time to play ball" situation with some very powerful interests that wouldn't think twice about doing something rash.  And that is where the US is in this current era- and might have been here for the past sixty years as far as we know.  Military Industrial Complex?  Perhaps, but when people are too worried about trannies and Hunter and Trump's left testicle, the stuff that is really going on in plain sight yet ignored by the State MSM, nobody pays attention to it.  But if that stuff is in fact really going on (which it is), then people need to realize that all of these ridiculous social issues are put out there to divide the population, so that one man's "I knew it" is another man's "that's just a conspiracy theory."  It's a simple case of divide and conquer,  We are divided and thus conquered.   China knows this.  This country, in so far as much as it relies on State controlled media to tell it how it SHOULD think, is not a country anymore. And it starts with simple things like pronouns and being Woke, redefining things, and then pressuring companies to hire DEI Agents (that's Affirmative Action, BTW, and racist), and then all these snippets of stories flood the airwaves-- instead of people asking important questions.  Americans are so stupid.  Do you realize how small of a percentage of the population even has a passport? I mean, that right there will tell you how prevalent it is that Americans predominantly look inward and almost never look at things internationally- UNTIL some a55hole on TV tells them to. It's a sad situation for society.

I really hope Trump comes out in support of declaring embryos children. It would certainly hurt him in the polls. Nobody agrees with the Alabama embryo ruling except a very small far-right fringe. This also seems like something DeSantis will try to implement in the Florida.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 5:07 PM, orange87 said:

You are right, Trump did it and it was struck down by the courts. Which is why Biden needs congress to pass legislation. If Biden follow suite, it will be enjoined. So he is either purposefully considering a EO to prove he doesn't to have the authority, or to pretend he wants to do something but the courts and congress are in the way. 

2 hours ago, jack said:

You are right, Trump did it and it was struck down by the courts. Which is why Biden needs congress to pass legislation. If Biden follow suite, it will be enjoined. So he is either purposefully considering a EO to prove he doesn't to have the authority, or to pretend he wants to do something but the courts and congress are in the way. 

If that's the case, it's smart election year politics. 

Fighting the Republicans' political ploy with their own political ploy. 

Let the Republicans wear the same jacket they tried to hang on Biden.  

• 2 weeks later...

Trump posted a $91.63 million bond as he appeals the judgment against him in the E. Jean Carroll case.

Trump has until March 25th to put up another $454 million in the NY attorney general’s civil fraud case.

On 3/5/2024 at 8:30 PM, JFW657 said:

I think that the same thing that happened to the Republicans is happening to the Democrats.

No more moderates to choose from. 

I could vote for her as Prez but he's a bit too far to the left for me.  

I think Gavin does exactly what he is told to do by the money people, and he takes the flak and/or gets the praise.  The DeSantis/Newsome debate was a dog and pony show like WWE.  In the end, there are interests at play much more powerful than a single candidate or his or her party politick or platform.    

The talk that I've heard is that they will announce "a change" at the DNC.  I just don't know how Harris will react to that.  The only way they can get away with doing that is if MO is on that ticket.  Harris can't accuse them of racism or sexism then...

All I care about is whether Gavin's aunt accepts my application to be her pool boy...

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, orange87 said:

RFK Jr. has chosen wealthy attorney Nicole Shanahan as his running mate.

robert-f-kennedy-jr.jpeg.256x256_q100_crop-smart.jpgvh6gc6r7wsio28jz0ynj.webp

I think he's bowing out with that pick; nobody knows who she is. I thought he might pick Tulsi, but, she may be vying for a VP slot for Trump Daddy.

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

I think he's bowing out with that pick; nobody knows who she is. I thought he might pick Tulsi, but, she may be vying for a VP slot for Trump Daddy.

Or maybe he made her VP because she made a $4 million donation to his campaign.

• 3 weeks later...

The GOP is finally realizing the abortion issue is poison for them.

Kari Lake lobbies Arizona lawmakers to overturn abortion ban she once supported

Article: https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/11/politics/kari-lake-arizona-abortion-ban-support/index.html

Trump says he wouldn’t sign federal abortion ban

Article: https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/10/politics/trump-says-he-wouldnt-sign-federal-abortion-ban/index.html

Trump says abortion legislation should be left to states

Article: https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/08/politics/donald-trump-abortion-2024/index.html