The Republic Is Saved.

spenser1058

Biden forgives another $5 billion in student loans

Article: https://www.axios.com/2023/12/06/biden-student-loan-relief-5billion?fbclid=IwAR1yBZ75pZdfm2I6BbN15D8owPlyMyLGhBf9ngApvYrDliXRhrZ2TnYmYQI

That brings the total approved student debt cancellation by the Biden administration to $132 billion for more than 3.6 million Americans.

#buildbackbetter

4 minutes ago, orange87 said:

That's good news.

And now Putin has one less reason to push for a Trump 2nd term. 

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

Biggest Military Pay Raise in 20 Years (5.2%) Heads to Biden's Desk for Signature as Part of Annual Defense Bill

Article: https://www.military.com/daily-news/2023/12/14/biggest-military-pay-raise-20-years-heads-bidens-desk-signature-part-of-annual-defense-bill.html

Lotta back pay raises in there too, probably.

Thanks to that Tuberville knucklehead. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, orange87 said:

Chris Christie has dropped out of the 2024 Presidential race. The candidates who drop out need to unite behind Nikki Haley. It's still a long shot that she'll get the nomination, but every chance to stop Trump needs to be taken.

She's as bad as any of them.

And really, who wants a POTUS named Nikki?

Sounds like a teenager.

They reported on the news tonight that Christie got caught on a hot mic saying she was "going to get smoked" and that she wasn't up to it. 

9 of 10 most healthy states are blue, 10 of 10 least healthy states are red

Article: https://www.forbes.com/advisor/life-insurance/states-ranked-least-healthy-populations/#:~:text=Key Takeaways&text=Eight of the top 10,New Hampshire and New York.

15 states with Republican Governors turn down federal funds to feed hungry children

Article: https://www.businessinsider.com/15-gop-states-refuse-federal-funds-feed-hungry-children-summer-2024-1?fbclid=IwAR13wOtFB_CHQyUjLLsaMI-K5dfmecpYBMo9iIChRAoZHzIMkP88PjAH19E

Under President Biden, US hits record low uninsured rate

Article: https://blogs.cdc.gov/nchs/2023/08/03/7434/

Edited by orange87

After successfully suing Trump twice, E. Jean Carrol may have finally figured out how to shut Trump up. $5 million didn't shut him up the first time, but the $84 million seems to have done the trick. On Trump's first rally after the trial, he didn't even mention her. Donnie's losing money left and right.

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

He needs figure out a way to go around the Trump Loafer Lickers in the House. 

Trump's telling them to block the proposed deal and you can bet they'll do what he tells them to. 

I've tried to find out what's in the border bill and it doesn't seem like it does much. It seems like it mostly does two main things. It allocates more money to process illegal immigrants (err "asylum seekers") faster. That's a negative because it does nothing to actually stop illegals from coming here and actually encourages them to come since they know they'll be processed much faster now. The other thing is it gives Biden the authority to close the border when too many illegals cross. If this is all it does, then it's useless and I hope it doesn't pass. This do-nothing bill is just theatre for Biden to pretend he's taking the border seriously when he most certainly is not.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, orange87 said:

I've tried to find out what's in the border bill and it doesn't seem like it does much. It seems like it mostly does two main things. It allocates more money to process illegal immigrants (err "asylum seekers") faster. That's a negative because it does nothing to actually stop illegals from coming here and actually encourages them to come since they know they'll be processed much faster now. The other thing is it gives Biden the authority to close the border when too many illegals cross. If this is all it does, then it's useless and I hope it doesn't pass. This do-nothing bill is just theatre for Biden to pretend he's taking the border seriously when he most certainly is not.

One of the key components is making it tougher to claim asylum by making the standards more stringent. 

Other components include, putting in place more border security by hiring more patrol agents, etc., taking steps to dissuade migrants from making the trip to begin with, and enforcement including the ability to shut down the border completely, meaning zero asylum claims granted, building new detention facilities, etc. 

This AP article is from a month ago....

https://apnews.com/article/congress-border-security-ukraine-biden-cf4aa608de350a480fabd8e6a3e062ff

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 9:42 AM, JFW657 said:

One of the key components is making it tougher to claim asylum by making the standards more stringent. 

Other components include, putting in place more border security by hiring more patrol agents, etc., taking steps to dissuade migrants from making the trip to begin with, and enforcement including the ability to shut down the border completely, meaning zero asylum claims granted, building new detention facilities, etc. 

https://apnews.com/article/congress-border-security-ukraine-biden-cf4aa608de350a480fabd8e6a3e062ff

I didn't know this part was in there. I was gonna say reforming our asylum laws is arguably the most important thing, and I'm very glad if it stays in the bill. I'd like them to strategically place more of the type of 30 foot wall used under the Trump administration too. I know it doesn't fix things 100% but it's effective when used in conjunction with other border measures. I know I couldn't get over a 30 foot wall. Even if the wall only has a 25% success rate (which I think is being extremely conservative) then that is still thousands upon thousands of migrants that will be stopped over the years.

Edited by orange87

On 1/29/2024 at 9:42 AM, JFW657 said:

If the asylum changes are part of the final bill, it will be a game changer. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I wonder now if the Dems will be able to find six House Repubs who aren't too scared of Trump and his minions, to do the right thing and help them pass the border security/Ukraine funding bill.  

I like the border bill except the part where it gives the President the authority to shut down the border only after 5,000 people illegally cross the border, and it gives out 275,000 work visas to illegal immigrants. If they got rid of that it would be a great bill.

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

I like the border bill except the part where it gives the President the authority to shut down the border only after 5,000 people illegally cross the border, and it gives out 275,000 work visas to illegal immigrants. If they got rid of that it would be a great bill.

I think it's after 5,000 people are APPREHENDED WHILE TRYING to cross the border illegally. 

As for the work visas, American companies benefit from the labor these people provide. They pay income taxes and if they're here to work rather than become involved in crime, that's a good thing. 

It looks like conservatives just want to stop Mexicans and Central American Hispanics from entering the US period.