Iredell County Development & News

KJHburg

Developer seeks approvals for Statesville mixed-use project with townhomes, retail space

A rezoning request has been filed in the city for a 32.2-acre site between Highway 21 and Interstate 77 to allow for a project called Statesville Gateway.

A site along U.S. Highway 21 in Statesville is being eyed for a new development with notable amounts of residential and retail uses.

A rezoning request has been filed in the city for a 32.2-acre site between Highway 21 and Interstate 77 to allow for a project called Statesville Gateway. City documents show the project calls for the development of 181 townhomes and 61,000 square feet of retail space at the site, which is just north of I-77 and I-40........

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2023/07/17/statesville-gateway-townhomes-retail-ryan-homes.html?s=print

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Jobs and investment coming to Mooresville

Motorsports equipment manufacturer United Race Parts to expand with new facility in Mooresville

A company in the motorsports industry is growing in the Charlotte region with a new facility.

United Race Parts LLC was recently approved for local incentives to establish a 20,000-square-foot facility at South Fork Business Park in Mooresville. It expects to invest $3.2 million and create 10 jobs in Iredell County with the project.......................................

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2023/08/11/united-race-parts-motorsports-mooresville-expand.html

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Empire Development Group wins approval for second phase of Troutman business park

North Fork Business Park updateexpand

Empire Development Group is under construction on the first phase of North Fork Business Park in Troutman.
SAM BARNETT REAL ESTATE

An industrial project in the Charlotte region that began earlier this year already appears to have expansion plans lined up.

Troutman's town council last week approved a rezoning request from Butch Bouwens, who helps lead Empire Development Group, for a 42.3-acre site at 134 Iredell Ave. The site would represent an extension of North Fork Business Park, a 45-acre site that Empire held a groundbreaking ceremony for earlier this year.

A specific site plan for the expansion was not presented at last week's council meeting, but a representative from the development team told the Charlotte Business Journal it would be similar to the first phase. The first phase of North Fork includes eight build-to-suit industrial sites that can accommodate buildings between 15,000 and 200,000 square feet.............................................

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2023/10/20/empire-development-north-fork-troutman-iredell.html

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, rancenc said:

this is a good win for Mooresville and the entire metro.  They cite international access as one of their reasons which is of course CLT and our nonstops to Germany. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

This is a great win for Iredell County and Mooresville and one of the largest NEW to market Office Leases in Charlotte region in months.  30,000 sq ft office lease and new manufacturing plant in town that is win!  

from Business NC daily digest today:

""One of the unsung heroes in last week’s announcement of German-based DEHN locating its U.S. headquarters in Mooresville is Michael Bay, local leaders say. Bay is the developer who bought a vacant textile mill more than a decade ago and has turned it into a 1.1 million-square-feet hub of retail, office and restaurant space.

The electrical engineering and manufacturing company, which sells electrical surge protection products to other businesses, will occupy up to 30,000-square-feet of office space inside the Merino Mill, alongside the Main Street Antiques and Design Gallery, the Barcelona Burger and Beer Garden and dozens of other businesses including Hitachi and Samsung. DEHN also will build a manufacturing facility elsewhere in Mooresville, investing $38.6 million and creating 195 jobs with average wages of $66,120.

“He had a vision for this,” Mooresville Mayor Chris Carney says of Bay. “If you could have seen this building 20 years ago it was a condemned piece of real estate. He’s done all of this just through love and hard work.”

The Merino Mill property on the fast-growing town’s Main Street dates back to 1893 when it was the Moor Quality Turkish Towel company, Bay says. It has been many things over the years. “I used to buy my Levi jeans here when it was a Burlington Mills,” says Melissa Neader, chair of the Iredell County Board of Commission and second-generation McDonald’s franchisee. “You could get them at a really good price because they were seconds, but if you didn’t look too close you couldn’t tell if there was a flaw in them so I saved a lot of money.”

Burlington Industries shut its Mooresville factory down in 1999. Bay, who came to the U.S. from Turkey when he was 16, bought the former mill and 40-plus acre site in 2010. “We’ve been working on it for 13 years, but the renovation is still not finished,” says Bay. He expects the renovation to be completed by the end of the year.

DEHN looked at more than 380 locations in 15 states before picking Merino Mill for its headquarters. Selling points were the cooperation between local and state governments and training being offered by the community college, says Ingo Rutenberg, CEO for DEHN USA. The space in the Merino Mill will give the company – which employs about 2,500 workers in 27 countries – a real headquarters.""

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cambridge Properties seeks to rezone Mooresville site for 299 homes, townhouses

Charlotte commercial real estate firm Cambridge Properties is looking at an Iredell County site for a major residential project.

The developer seeks to rezone and annex 64.4 acres at Kistler Farm and Rocky River roads in Mooresville. The requests are being made to allow for a project with 299 residential units, including townhomes and detached homes, town documents show. The rezoning request is on the agenda for the Mooresville Board of Commissioners' meeting on March 4...........................................

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2024/02/28/cambridge-properties-mooresville-homes-townhouses.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rancenc said:

I wish I could find an actual rendering of its path. "Phase two will run to Shearers Road and Rocky River". I can't quite see that. Shearer Road crosses East Rocky River Road at one point, but not Rocky River. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 7:44 PM, Windsurfer said:

I wish I could find an actual rendering of its path. "Phase two will run to Shearers Road and Rocky River". I can't quite see that. Shearer Road crosses East Rocky River Road at one point, but not Rocky River. 

There's a sketch on the development map. Not sure if it's still accurate? 

image.png.7c6a4ad2dea7fd2ab0a4ce5fbd59acd3.png

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, tozmervo said:

There's a sketch on the development map. Not sure if it's still accurate? 

image.png.7c6a4ad2dea7fd2ab0a4ce5fbd59acd3.png

Thanks!  I know everyone says it'll be great but I sure hate seeing those nice farms go down the road of more development.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...