110 East: 23 story Tower by Stiles/Shorenstein

CLTProductions

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I interrupt my Nashville trip to post this and I'm really surprised this is for sale.  Look at the first right Stiles has.  Very interesting and I have mixed feelings about this.

https://mpvre.com/properties/1800-south-boulevard/

I wonder if there's room next to the old Bonterra to move this church building next to the Leeper-Wyatt Building (when it gets moved)?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davidclt said:

I wonder if there's room next to the old Bonterra to move this church building next to the Leeper-Wyatt Building (when it gets moved)?

That's no joke I would love it.  That is the part I don't like is the church building being possibly torn down I wish it could be adaptively reused and a tower to the side where their education building is located.  

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

That's no joke I would love it.  That is the part I don't like is the church building being possibly torn down I wish it could be adaptively reused and a tower to the side where their education building is located.  

You could build a hotel where the education building is located,  a high rise with no parking (since the office building has so much), and use the church building as a restaurant lobby area for such.  I have seen that before in fact Greensboro Marriott downtown uses an old fire station as a restaurant for the hotel and the room tower is behind it.    Here you could build a room tower to the side of the original church.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

You could build a hotel where the education building is located,  a high rise with no parking (since the office building has so much), and use the church building as a restaurant lobby area for such.  I have seen that before in fact Greensboro Marriott downtown uses an old fire station as a restaurant for the hotel and the room tower is behind it.    Here you could build a room tower to the side of the original church.  

lol, that parcel is only big enough for one tower. lol

5 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I think the lot would be very cramped with three buildings althoug I'm confident there's an appropriate, nearby location where it could be moved instead of demolishing it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Please leave that corner tree alone.  I suspect as the lot gets closer to sale, the tree will coincidentally come down with a fungal disease.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, CLT Development said:

lol, that parcel is only big enough for one tower. lol

You could put a hotel tower where that education building is and keep the existing church sanctuary look at the survey.  Go to the flyer then click on the Negative No Build easement.  What I am saying a hotel could be built here and use the church as part of it.  A hotel would need no parking just a drop off point and could use or work out a deal with Stiles and the 110 East Tower.   

55 minutes ago, RANYC said:

Please leave that corner tree alone.  I suspect as the lot gets closer to sale, the tree will coincidentally come down with a fungal disease.

Plus with my plan the tree would not be touched as it is in the corner on the other side of the sanctuary.  

In other NC cities they would find a way and places like Savannah you could not tear down a 100 year old building like that easily.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Stiles is going to do some spec suites on the 12th floor of this new building.  Basically building out an office for immediate move-in.  As spec homes in residential real estate have been around forever in this country this is somewhat of a "new" concept in commercial real estate.    With the explosion of coworking in the last decade building owners found more tenants like just moving into a space instead of designing and constructing every detail of their space.    Other buildings in and around Charlotte have been quite successful with this strategy like Carillon, One South, 101 Independence uptown and even suburban buildings have done it.  

And with great views like this 110 East building has I think it will serve them well.  

20240502_185409.jpg

20240502_190407.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/8/2024 at 4:15 PM, DJ8hep said:

During the eclipse, the glass looked like a dark blue!

IMG_5811.jpeg

IMG_5810.jpeg

This realllllllllly reminds me of when the world was absolutely obsessed with chrome,glass,metal shapes/blobs in the early 2000s, I  think they called it chromecore, and that first shot looks like a desktop screensaver from a old PC showcasing  a futuristic skyscraper.

building became a 10/10 for me.

Edited by Genesis704
  • Like 2