Project Slugger office building in downtown Greensboro

cityboi

15 hours ago, KJHburg said:

what is the official name of this tower? Project Slugger seems to be a nickname  or does it have another name?  also who is the leasing agent on it.  

Correct 400 Bellemeade is the "official" name. But it will also be known as the First National Bank building which will be the home of the regional headquarters.

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Rufus said:

What's the story with the two massive parking decks in the center of this photo? Any chance they can support development on top, even if just five floors max?

The one on the left is owned by the city; the one on the right is owned by Lincoln Financial and is used for their employees (towers on the right) as well as for residents of the Center Pointe tower (center). I wouldn't expect either to be able to accommodate additional structure on top. IMO, the ground floor of the Lincoln Financial deck could be converted to decent retail space fairly easily, but I don't see that being a priority for the owner. It's a shame how these two decks kill the streetscape of an entire block.

4 hours ago, jthomas said:

The one on the left is owned by the city; the one on the right is owned by Lincoln Financial and is used for their employees (towers on the right) as well as for residents of the Center Pointe tower (center). I wouldn't expect either to be able to accommodate additional structure on top. IMO, the ground floor of the Lincoln Financial deck could be converted to decent retail space fairly easily, but I don't see that being a priority for the owner. It's a shame how these two decks kill the streetscape of an entire block.

Agreed but of course they were constructed around 1989-1990 when parking decks killed street level businesses. They attempted to put some retail on the Elm Street side of the Bellemeade deck. I think it's a coffee shop and a laundry cleaner. Roy Carroll still owns the vacant lot next to Center Pointe which is also behind the Lincoln Financial deck. I assume eventually when he dusts his plans off for Project 561 which was suppose to go where Carroll South of the Ballpark is going, he'll build it on that lot. But it's going to be some time before that happens. One clue to that is that the side of the Center Pointe tower facing the lot has no balconies and has false windows. He obviously has plans for a tall building on that lot.

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, urbanpirate said:

prefabricated walls -- ok....shocker

Lol as slow as all the other downtown projects have and is taking they can prefabricate all they want. Looks like they have a tight construction deadline especially after delays. But its definitely going up quicker than the other projects. I am curious as to why the developer of the Hampton Inn has had trouble finding enough construction workers which explains why that's going up slowly. Roy Carroll had the same problem with Carroll at Bellemeade which turned into a 4 year construction project. The land was cleared in 2014. Construction started summer of 2015 and now its just wrapped up. They are just doing some sidewalk work. Carroll at Bellemeade was supposed to be a 24 month construction project.

Edited by cityboi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...