Contributors We Miss

spenser1058

11 hours ago, Jernigan said:

This may sound obvious, but can you cross reference the name for an obituary? That may include DOB.  Also, I did a search for all probate cases from 1/1-now with the first name Jeff (as mentioned here by someone else) and only had 3 names.  I couldn't get anywhere with any of the 3 but my search my not have matched yours.

he did make a comment many months back in one of the threads about being a member of one of the area churches...I thought it was a Presb church.

I think spenser goes to FUMCO.

I wonder if spenser was dropping hints about his health by mentioning hospital visits for certain procedures?

Unless I'm getting one of our users mixed up, I think he inadvertently posted his cell phone number (this was a while ago) while trying to send a DM to the person he was conversing with. If so, maybe that person can call and check on him?

OK, I think that because of the concern expressed by fellow UP members, rather than continue to sit on the information re: spenser's possible identity while waiting for further confirmation, I will explain, without posting a name or any other personal data, the path I followed in determining what I have so far.

You guys can arrive at your own conclusions.

About three years ago, in January 2020, spenser posted in a thread about a duplex he owned in The Milk District. 

Using Google Maps & Street View to obtain the street address, you can go to the Orange County Property Appraiser's website and do a property search based on that address. 

Once there, you can open the sales history and check the ownership for the time period spenser claimed ownership.

I Googled the name from that search (with m.i.) and came up with several "people finder" results.

One report associated that name (including the full middle name) with a residence in The Bel Fontaine at 103 N. Eola Dr, where spenser often claimed to have resided "on the shores of Lake Eola"....  as he used to put it.

Screenshot-20230214-130106-2.jpg

Link -> https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/  

From there, a check of the Orange County Clerk of Court's Case Search using that full (first, middle, last) name, will bring you to where I am now.

Again, keep in mind, that without a DOB associated with the probate case that matches the DOB we know from spenser's forum info, it cannot be determined with a high degree of certainty that the person to whom the probate is connected, is the same person referenced in the property records who we assume to be spenser.  There are at least two other guys in Orange County with the exact same name.

If anyone has any other information source that might supply further confirmation, please post. 

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't logged in for a bit. So used to seeing spenser1058's icon/avatar indicating "most recent response" to one topic (or another) and noticed his absence.  Quite depressing to read this. Hoping for the best. No worries. Hug your loved ones. Cheers. JRC.

Edited by Jolly Roger's Crackers

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

I don't wander in the coffee house often but I noticed I haven't been tagged in anything recently and did some digging and ended up here.  This is super sad.  I had made a few attempts to meet up but it never worked out.

We're going to have to try real hard to make sure this forum doesn't die. Spenser was probably the most active user on here.

Im sorry to say that I believe I have found proof that "Spenser" has in fact passed away.  What I have found shows the birth date matching his UP profile birthday and the address listed is the same as JFW posted above.  His passing was Jan 4, 2023.  I think I probably shouldn't post any documents publicly but hopefully this provides some closure.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, neoanderz said:

Im sorry to say that I believe I have found proof that "Spenser" has in fact passed away.  What I have found shows the birth date matching his UP profile birthday and the address listed is the same as JFW posted above.  His passing was Jan 4, 2023.  I think I probably shouldn't post any documents publicly but hopefully this provides some closure.

Any idea how?

On 4/1/2023 at 11:50 PM, neoanderz said:

I agree wit h no documents.  Thanks for finding your info.

Spense made it a bit easier by having his birthday in both his profile and his actual screenname.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 11:50 PM, neoanderz said:

thanks for that.   I really liked Spencer.  I didn't always agree with him, but, I will light a candle for him (figuratively).  He had a lot to say and had a lot of experiences to relate.  I respected that.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:45 PM, orange87 said:

We're going to have to try real hard to make sure this forum doesn't die. Spenser was probably the most active user on here.

I will note that I'm a frequenter of Allpar.com which is a forum for Mopar news.  Three of the biggest contributors MoparNorm passed away, Stratuscaster (who was a mod) had a stroke, and BobSheaves (who also was a mod) I believe had a more severe stroke all within 3 months of each other.  The forums weren't the same and only Bob has managed to recover enough to only recently start posting again, although some of the posts require a bit of deciphering to understand the meaning.  

The forums will for sure continue, but they definitely won't be the same.   I would DM spense here or there, and he did seem like a cool enough guy.  He'll for sure be missed.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 9:07 AM, codypet said:

I will note that I'm a frequenter of Allpar.com which is a forum for Mopar news.  Three of the biggest contributors MoparNorm passed away, Stratuscaster (who was a mod) had a stroke, and BobSheaves (who also was a mod) I believe had a more severe stroke all within 3 months of each other.  The forums weren't the same and only Bob has managed to recover enough to only recently start posting again, although some of the posts require a bit of deciphering to understand the meaning.  

The forums will for sure continue, but they definitely won't be the same.   I would DM spense here or there, and he did seem like a cool enough guy.  He'll for sure be missed.

So uhhhh.... whadda y'all discuss there? 

Chrysler auto parts? :huh: ;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Pretty much.  And future products.   It includes all the Chrysler brands so Jeep Dodge and Ram as well as repair support for older cars.

Okay, so I'm trying to imagine a typical topic that might arise on such a forum.....

"Man oh man you guys!!!! This weekend I ran across a vintage 300VI45 heater control valve for a 1980 - 82 Chrysler LeBaron that would knock your socks off!!!! Wow, I couldn't believe the good luck!!!"  :yahoo:

s-l300.jpg

The banter around there must be positively scintillating.  :whistling:

;) 

Edited by JFW657
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Okay, so I'm trying to imagine a typical topic that might arise on such a forum.....

"Man oh man you guys!!!! This weekend I ran across a vintage 300VI45 heater control valve for a 1980 - 82 Chrysler LeBaron that would knock your socks off!!!! Wow, I couldn't believe the good luck!!!"  :yahoo:

s-l300.jpg

The banter around there must be positively scintillating.  :whistling:

;) 

Lately the discussions have wrapped around the shift to EV's and how that looks in those brands, so it is good discussion (Keep an eye out for the Jeep Recon, New Dodge Charger, and the RAM Revolution).  When you look at the subject of this board, you can very easily get the same initial vibe.  I mean the Hourglass thread we all spent 8 months tracking the construction of a gas station.  That said we also end up with some interesting and juicy details, and thanks to Spense and a few others a deep dive into the City's history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, codypet said:

Lately the discussions have wrapped around the shift to EV's and how that looks in those brands, so it is good discussion (Keep an eye out for the Jeep Recon, New Dodge Charger, and the RAM Revolution).  When you look at the subject of this board, you can very easily get the same initial vibe.  I mean the Hourglass thread we all spent 8 months tracking the construction of a gas station.  That said we also end up with some interesting and juicy details, and thanks to Spense and a few others a deep dive into the City's history.

Was just pulling your leg a little. ;) 

On 4/23/2023 at 10:33 PM, JFW657 said:

My buddy growing up had a 1984 LeBaron that talked to you.  

"YOUR DOOR IS AJAR!  YOUR DOOR IS AJAR!"

We would all respond in chorus "NO CAR! THE DOOR IS A DOOR NOT A JAR!"

• Haha 3

On 4/26/2023 at 7:38 AM, HankStrong said:

My buddy growing up had a 1984 LeBaron that talked to you.  

"YOUR DOOR IS AJAR!  YOUR DOOR IS AJAR!"

We would all respond in chorus "NO CAR! THE DOOR IS A DOOR NOT A JAR!"

Also had a friend in HS that had a LeBaron Convertible. We proceeded to put the top down and pile about 10 people in it after practice to go to Wendy's often.  For some reason, that particular year, the rear quarter windows didn't go down with the top. So one day my lineman buddy who was sitting on the outside leaned on it turning the corner out of the parking lot and POOF! No more window. Hilarious at the time for the rest of us other than my lineman buddy and the owner/driver.  I remember that "door is ajar alert fondly. That car was supposed to be "classy" but it was such a POS. Hahaha. 

• Haha 1