North Tryon (re)Development: 277 to Old Concord

kermit

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

this fits perfectly for this thread.  This was texted to me recently about all the apartments planned and under development along the North Tryon corridor from uptown to Sugar Creek.  It is staggering and will be transformative for this area that was not a residential corridor in the recent past.    And this actually misses a few apartment projects planned. 

PNG image(1).jpg

IMG_4839.jpg

Unbelievable. I can't wait to see this area in another 5 years.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the thousands of apartments coming to the N Tryon corridor from uptown to Sugar Creek Road.

""Texas multifamily developer Embrey has bought land in NoDa for its fourth Charlotte-area apartment project.

The San Antonio company acquired 7 acres at 3035 N. Tryon St., next door to NoDa Brewing Co., where it plans to build a 403-unit, four-story community. Embrey paid $13 million for the parcel on Sept. 5, according to Mecklenburg County real estate records.

The property will have studio, one- and two-bedroom units at market rate-rent prices. Amenities will include a clubhouse with a game room, a business center with micro-offices and a conference room, fitness studio, yoga room, outdoor grilling areas, outdoor gas fireplace and resort-style pool.""

Texas developer Embrey plans 400-plus apartments by NoDa Brewing - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Question - Is The Large Apartment Project under construction on Twelth Street (adjacent to the vacated Tent City) considered to be part of this thread?  Anyway - It’s moving along at a steady pace but I’m slightly worried about the brutalist cinderblock look so far.  Anyone have the final rendering for it?  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Question - Is The Large Apartment Project under construction on Twelth Street (adjacent to the vacated Tent City) considered to be part of this thread?  Anyway - It’s moving along at a steady pace but I’m slightly worried about the brutalist cinderblock look so far.  Anyone have the final rendering for it?  

I'm pretty sure the cinder block will be covered in something, whether it's brick, stucco, or otherwise.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I just posted some photos in the Misc Uptown thread but I am sure it will be covered in stucco or something.  Not seen a rendering at all of these apartments.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone walked across the railyard? Are the bulls* out in force there? 

*Railroad bull was a term among itinerant travelers in the past to describe goons employed by railroad companies and who had no sympathy for those without housing, money, or lived alternative lifestyles. Colorfully described in this justly famous song:

Edited by videtur quam contuor

56 minutes ago, MothBeast said:

I wish there was some way to connect Davidson and Tryon Street between Matheson and 36th Street

Yellow are planned connections, blue are my suggestions though admittedly unlikely/impractical

IMG_7723.jpeg

Edited by MothBeast

WOW that sounds like some of those Nashville proposals.  New mid rise apartments are rising across the street and I am pretty sure this is an Opportunity Zone.  But really?  Unless financed by EB 1 visa holders I cant see how this could financed and the webpage read like ChatGPT.   But hey I would love to be proven wrong!   Reminds me of that tall 35 story apartment tower proposed by the silos off N Graham. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

WOW that sounds like some of those Nashville proposals.  New mid rise apartments are rising across the street and I am pretty sure this is an Opportunity Zone.  But really?  Unless financed by EB 1 visa holders I cant see how this could financed and the webpage read like ChatGPT.   But hey I would love to be proven wrong!   Reminds me of that tall 35 story apartment tower proposed by the silos off N Graham. 

Yea, I looked up the people on the "About Us" page and most people left the company pre 2020, one even worked for my curent employer (!!!!!!) they are just paying for this website still for some reason. 

Edited by CLT Development
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CLT Development said:

Yea, I looked up the people on the "About Us" page and most people left the company pre 2020, one even worked for my curent employer (!!!!!!) they are just paying for this website still for some reason. 

this might have to be moved immediately to the Charlotte Unbuilt thread LOL. 

• Haha 3

This is a significant change for this area.  Seems like 2023 will be the year that the NorthEnd \ N. Tryon Area really began opening up with sustained Development.  I dont think this is a surprise since SouthEnd lot prices have now graduated to mostly High Rise projects and Lower SouthEnd is flush with Midrise Construction.

I can imagine that Lower SouthEnd and Gold District would have easily developable lots from now until the early 2030s at the current pace.  NorthEnd could have developable lots from now until the 2040s making this area ripe for the next several Development Cycles.

• Like 4