Just Wow

spenser1058

The Atlantic ponders how much longer we can rely on doing business with companies that have yet to make a dime and just how that will affect the millennial urban lifestyle.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/say-goodbye-millennial-urban-lifestyle/599839/

Personally, I think several of them won’t survive the next recession whenever it is. As Warren Buffett likes to point out, “When the tide goes out you find out who’s been swimming naked.”

• Haha 1

Super Arbor Man is as proud as he can be about these local trees that despite the ravages of nature and Bulldozer Buddy’s  careless stewardship of our local ‘hoods, somehow manage to endure:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/os-fe-joy-wallace-dickinson-20191013-i5hm4z4hgnd77cgozuqnyrslai-story.html#nt=outfit

From Joy Wallace Dickinson at the Sentinel 

6 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

This was when America was TRULY great

I always felt the former Reese's slogan ("There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's") should have went to Oreos (I mean, Reeses is like literally the only food I've never seen anyone eat any differently then any other person). Little did I know Oreos used to have an instructional jingle on how to eat them! Amazing!

Edited by aent
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m always promoting the idea of expanding Orlando’s MSA and CSA to give us bragging rights and move us past Charlotte once and for all.

This latest case of Flori-duh, however, makes me glad Citrus County isn’t with us.

From Scott Maxwell at the Sentinel:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/scott-maxwell-commentary/os-op-citrus-county-library-fake-news-nyt-scott-maxwell-20191106-h47wks6a6zelpcykaqpxoqea4a-story.html

”Education? We don’t need no education!”

We’ll let Tampa claim these goobers...

4 minutes ago, RedStar25 said:

I guess you are talking about population. 

Yes, it’s a census designation (assuming we have a census bureau left by 2020 - you know who has been doing his best to murder it).

I wonder when we got Wauchula - it’s a happening place!

Edited by spenser1058
  • Haha 1

On 11/7/2019 at 8:56 AM, spenser1058 said:

I wonder when we got Wauchula - it’s a happening place!

22 hours ago, HankStrong said:

As a non-native, I had to Google where Hardee County was.  Nowhere, that's where.

Y'all obviously  have never seen the majesty of Ona, the fence-post capital of Florida. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I knew you’d want to know this immediately!

Miramar, FL Mayor Wayne Messam has dropped out of the Democratic Presidential Primary. Among his accomplishments: he raised $5 in the third quarter!

Best wishes, Mayor!

Sorry about that.  I thought he was homeless, but then was too sad to take my $5 back when I found out it was for an election.

• Haha 1

Joy Wallace Dickinson reminds us that the first European Thanksgiving in America took place in St. Augustine, more than fifty years before those slackers in Massachusetts. The Spanish soldiers and Native Americans here probably also had turkey, although they likely had to go out and shoot it instead of stopping in at Publix.

Did you know Florida has its own version of cranberries? Back to the bogs with you, Ocean Spray, we’re going native!

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/os-fe-joy-wallace-dickinson-20191124-wh3vimeijrffnba3un3qgl2ve4-story.html

From the Sentinel