The RailYard SouthEnd

CLTProductions

28 minutes ago, EllAyyDub said:

I have heard one of the retail spots is going to be the third iteration (only one open now) of a restaurant from an out of state group.  Exciting concept that should fit in and do well! 

It is going to be awesome from what I've heard

• Like 2

The Charlotte Agenda just announced that North Italia will be opening up in the Railyard by the end of the year.  They have a location in Phoenix, and it is very good food.  The pizza in particular should be a big step up from the stuff currently available in Charlotte.  I do have mixed emotions about it as the Cheesecake Factory (if I recall correctly) owns 49% of it...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, pgsinger said:

The Charlotte Agenda just announced that North Italia will be opening up in the Railyard by the end of the year.  They have a location in Phoenix, and it is very good food.  The pizza in particular should be a big step up from the stuff currently available in Charlotte.  I do have mixed emotions about it as the Cheesecake Factory (if I recall correctly) owns 49% of it...

Nope, not yet. It is still a Fox Restaurants (flower child) concept. 

And that’s not entirely a big deal. Bonobos is great and owned by Walmart. Holler & Dash is great and owned by Cracker Barrel 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jayvee said:

Nope, not yet. It is still a Fox Restaurants (flower child) concept. 

And that’s not entirely a big deal. Bonobos is great and owned by Walmart. Holler & Dash is great and owned by Cracker Barrel 

Actually both of us are wrong.  I was correct that Cheesecake Factory acquired a minority interest back in 2016.  I was told 49% by some people in the industry in Phoenix, so I feel confident about that number.  However, in November of 2018, the Cheesecake Factory bought all of North and Flower Child from Fox.  https://www.chron.com/life/article/Cheesecake-Factory-to-acquire-North-Italia-and-13370836.php

Definitely agree with you on your two examples above.  I still have mixed emotions Holler and Dash.  Bonobos less so given the product type.  I am not the type of person that would shop at a local boutique clothing store, so local clothing companies are not missing out on me going to Bonobos.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 6:10 PM, KJHburg said:

Here is a good rendering of those microapartments

https://edificeinc.com/portfolio/centro-railyard-apartments/

Are the 400sqft micro units still a go? I heard folks (of unknown trustworthiness) yesterday saying Centro got concerned about demand  and made them bigger / fewer.

6 minutes ago, kermit said:

Are the 400sqft micro units still a go? I heard folks (of unknown trustworthiness) yesterday saying Centro got concerned about demand  and made them bigger / fewer.

They are still small. I wouldn't call them micro though, there is definitely precedent for their size in the market, somewhere around 525 sq feet. And the corner units are 800 sq foot units.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Mgelbach said:

I've got 545 sqft condo in Southend, right around the corner from this and I've got to say, I've never wished for more space. I think if people give these a shot they'll find they don't really need all the space.

Agreed. My Uptown condo is just over 600 SF, and it’s considerably more space than I need.  If I didn’t own my place, I’d be the first one in line to sign a lease for a well-located, affordable (without all the bells and whistles you don’t need living in the middle of a city) micro apartment.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is impressive.   My barbershop in Chapel Hill, Arrow (which, by the way, gives free beer during your haircut) is opening in Southend.

That sounds awful. Imagine the frustration your barber faces when you can't keep your head still because you keep leaning back for a sip. When you're not sipping and your barber is cutting, now you're getting hair in your beer. How do you even hold your beer? Under the cape? Sounds tricky. Over the cape? Now your arm is covered in hair.

Yeah, no thanks. 

• Like 2