Downtown Projects Update

orulz

On 10/7/2020 at 6:35 PM, KJHburg said:

I love River Place the new retail apartment and condo development.  That is a great addition to  Wilmington's downtown. 

Also a huge upgrade compared to the parking deck that previously consumed the entire site.  Hopefully at some point, the parking lots along Princess St (one block south of River Place) will be redeveloped so that there is a mostly seamless stretch of urbanity along Water St.

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Concern in downtown Wilmington about vacant properties many which are restaurants bars etc. due to Covid shutdowns.

https://www.starnewsonline.com/story/news/2020/11/05/future-vacant-properties-downtown-wilmington/6035584002/

I will be there in Dec. and check it out but enough good stuff is still happening downtown in terms of new apartments and hotels and as a leisure location mainly it has better occupancy than most cities now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Concern in downtown Wilmington about vacant properties many which are restaurants bars etc. due to Covid shutdowns.

https://www.starnewsonline.com/story/news/2020/11/05/future-vacant-properties-downtown-wilmington/6035584002/

I will be there in Dec. and check it out but enough good stuff is still happening downtown in terms of new apartments and hotels and as a leisure location mainly it has better occupancy than most cities now. 

I'll also be there in December for the Holidays. I'll make sure to take photos and do a walk around. Know a couple business owners down there. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Downtown Wilmington is going through an apartment boom and it is great.  Pier 33, the recently completed Sawmill Point and across the street from them there is Lofts apartments.  Plus the new apartments and condos at RiverPlace.  Photos from yesterday. 

Lots of new apartments downtown especially on the north side along the river is bringing so much life to downtown.  

first photos are Pier 33.   These apartment complexes are like those in Charlotte's Southend or Raleigh's Glenwood South. 

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2533.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_2538.JPG

IMG_2552.JPG

IMG_2555.JPG

IMG_2590.JPG

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2604.JPG

IMG_2607.JPG

IMG_2608.JPG

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is south of downtown but close.  From the Triangle Biz Journal today

""The creators of Raleigh’s Transfer Co. Food Hall will take their concept to the coast to bring a new multi-venue gathering space to Wilmington. Monarch Property Co. plans to open Seaboard Social Hall at 1315 S. 5th Ave., in the coastal cities old National Linen Service building downtown, the Raleigh-based firm announced Thursday.  The 43,000-square-foot facility will include a food hall, music hall, maker’s market, commissary kitchen and ghost kitchens – restaurants without the dining space. The social hall is the first of its kind for the port city, according to the firm.""

Raleigh firm behind Transfer Co. Food Hall brings expanded concept to Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Newer projects in downtown Wilmington like River Place condos and apartment complex on Water St.  New Pier 33 apartments and the new park along the waterfront.   Today.  North end of downtown waterfront has 3 apartment complexes now and hundreds of residents.  

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0741.JPG

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

another story on this and I hope this comes together it is very ambitious.   But you have to wonder why this other side of the river is not being developed and I know it more subject to flooding but you can build it high enough it should be fine.  

Wilmington could soon have skyscrapers along Cape Fear River (starnewsonline.com)

• Like 3