Scott's Addition Development

varunner

Looks like getting a proper food hall up and running in Scott's is proving a tad more difficult than expected. @RVABizSenseMikehas reporting in today's RBS that the latest effort by EAT Restaurant Partners to open a food hall at 3017 W. Leigh has fallen though. If someone ever gets it up and running, it's in a good location with two of the brand new Scott's Collection apartment buildings next door and so much other development underway in Scott's.

Now if memory serves, the food hall in Manchester has been in business for quite some time now, yes?

From today's Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2024/01/05/eat-restaurant-partners-owner-says-scotts-addition-food-hall-is-off-the-table/

eat food hall exterior Cropped scaled

Screenshot (3714).png

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, 123fakestreet said:

AA development. Took a long time to start, but once they did the demo this is rolling.

20240118_122514.jpg

You know the drill. Some prestigious RVA/UP Silver Hardware will be polished up for you. 

Great photo - I was wondering just how far along the Ace was coming, particularly since the "center" portion of the N. Chasen site is REALLY coming out of the ground. Looks like the Ace is, too! Glad to see this.

image.png.564864a992fa1095737fd4ebccfdbd6b.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Child2021 said:

Fencing enclosure is closed, and a huge jackhammer is at the site of the outlier project. 

Oh yeah?? Holy wow!! 

Any chance for a few - image.jpeg.51d6f12a246ba25cf9994f3a2100fca6.jpeg ??

There's some Silver Hardware waiting for anyone who might grab a few pix. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, whw53 said:

Here's a drive by shot of the Outlier site this afternoon. 

20240128_162834.jpg

Fantastic!!! So this is looking like actual excavation, no?

Anyway - great photo - and that Silver Hardware up for grabs is all yours. Well done!  MAZAL TOV!!!

image.png.2aa2eb1236c7d201483c0976227d4c21.png

39 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

It's starting to get pretty exciting over at the Cap Square N. Chasen construction site!

The "center" building is fully coming out of the ground now with support posts galore - a veritable forest of posts. ANNNNND - the southern-most building (south side of Marshall Street) is on the verge of coming out of the ground - looks like a lot of footings were being poured today (saw cement mixers spinning away) - AND - the metal framing for the support posts have sprouted and, no doubt, aren't far away from really beginning to take shape. I know it's a weird analogy - but those steel post frames all together in rows (second picture) kinda remind me of photos of the clusters of oil derricks together at Baku oil fields in Azerbaijan during World War II.

Now, we know the Ace is percolating along nicely and is coming out of the ground. Has there been any more site work done on the Outlier parcel? What's the story there?

Check out the progress (photos taken at different times of the day - and they really show the new components as they're being built):

Screenshot (3936) - Copy.png

Screenshot (3931).png

Anyone have a pic of the rending on what this will look like when complete?

55 minutes ago, eandslee said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen these renderings!  Not sure where you got them, but thanks for posting!

I downloaded them (I think from RBS) when they were first published back in mid-2022, and as such, I have them stored away in our "official" RVA/UP Library and Archives. 

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

That will be great density. The buildings are going up quickly. 

Combine this with the Ace (going up equally quickly), the Outlier (if, in fact, it's actually underway) and nearby developments that are getting closer to completion (the Novel a bit farther north on A.A. Blvd and the Soda Flats on W. Broad) and there's a lot of density coming out of the business end of the pipeline into Scott's over the next year or two. The development spigot in Scott's has REALLY gotten cranked up of late.

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 123fakestreet said:

It appears to be 2 blocks, is this one really development or just 2 going up at the same time? What's the deal here?

Single development, multiple buildings, with construction on both sides of Marshall and the south side of Clay.

• Like 1