Scott's Addition Development

varunner

On 10/15/2022 at 7:27 AM, skinsfan said:

Agreed! Drove through yesterday and thought the same. Also noticed precast going up on the opposite side of 195 as well recently. Any idea what project that may be? 

Are you referring to South of Broad St along Hamilton St?  If so then that is this one:

5AKgB-9m5DE0EwKPDEXYCJ2fcDn5dn_hD-oOlrlvYBGuqTQ4F7Bp7ASAzUlUrF2Yr8200Q7eXLw107jZwNohwR26ABwLMlkOijsqIM35-wDTFP6GpARIfL0VJ37n9k89FK_augkgM3frXdwTQljvIdr-x4g1s5_zqiA30gWoQD8v8Iix-cBS4gPieHDFSaNUG?session=0&fife=s16383

name
Silver Hills IMF
description
Redevelopment of 3 story office building and surface lot into two 5-story buildings with 263 units. Planned. https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/05/13/international-mission-board-plans-263-apartments-next-to-monument-ave-hq/
  • Thanks 3

Sweet little under-the-radar story in today's Richmond BisSense: Ice cream maker Charm School is moving from 311 W. Broad in the Arts District to 3001 W. Clay in Scott's Addition.

All I can say is: YUM!!! :tw_yum:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/10/24/ice-cream-maker-charm-school-taking-over-former-cupcake-spot-in-scotts-addition/

charm1.jpg

charm2.png

Screenshot (2369).png

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Sweet little under-the-radar story in today's Richmond BisSense: Ice cream maker Charm School is moving from 311 W. Broad in the Arts District to 3001 W. Clay in Scott's Addition.

All I can say is: YUM!!! :tw_yum:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/10/24/ice-cream-maker-charm-school-taking-over-former-cupcake-spot-in-scotts-addition/

charm1.jpg

charm2.png

Screenshot (2369).png

They are only doing production here, no retail.  From my understanding the owners don't like retail and dealing with customers, they just want to make ice cream.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brent114 said:

The 195 corridor is starting to look very different. 

Its hard to see in the photo but the elevator shaft  to the right will give you an idea of how this section will look. It looks tiny in the photo but it’s pretty substantial in person.

822CC13B-A92E-44BC-BF37-479B665D977F.jpeg

005AA8CB-899A-4378-A446-A588DD9E1777.jpeg

Nice pics!  Thanks for posting. Plus, that’s a nice crane seen from I-195!  Great!  Can’t wait to see it all in person. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Icetera said:

A couple pictures of the Otis development and Belleville apartments.  I noticed that material is being stored on the Scotts Edge II site in a manner that obstructs demolition so I wonder if this is the same developer of one of the other projects that is just staggering the developments?

20221122_142712.jpg

20221122_1.jpg

20221122_2.jpg

20221122_142412.jpg

Ice - you and @Brent114are knocking it out of the park with the AWESOME photos!! Thank you SO much for taking & posting. You officially get today's "YOU DA MAN!!!!" award!  :tw_thumbsup:

So - by my VERY informal count: FOUR tower cranes are up across RVA at the moment (unless there are more that I'm overlooking)

1.) Belleville/Scott's Edge - Scott's Addition

2.) The Commodore - Manchester

3.) Parc View - Monroe Ward

4.) VCU Tech building - edge of VCU academic campus

Are there more? Definitely more will be on the way soon - but at the moment, are these four it?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Icetera said:

I was driving by so could not get pictures, but looked like the parking deck was mostly filled out and the apartment portion rising.

That's definitely good news!

What's the story on Soda Flats and the Outlier (on A.A. Blvd) ? I believe it was reported previously that the Soda Flats - after pausing - was back underway. Are they still working on that? And what of the Outlier? Do we have any information about that project? At one point, how ever-many moons ago, there was some preliminary site work - wasn't there some demo work that needed to happen there?

I get worried because of what's been reported even in RBS about how construction costs, inflation, supply problems and now interest rates have slowed the pace of these development. I worry about these projects sitting around on the shelves collecting dust for too long -- which at least in the past -- has not been a good sign.

Aside from that - "calling all cameras... calling all cameras... red spindly mini-crane is up over the Novel apartment building construction site..." :tw_smiley::tw_wink:

• Like 1

Frustrating we have not seen any real site work for the Outlier or the Level 2 Leigh\Ashe Addition project yet. 

I did notice that the small church on Marshall that is a part of the site plan for the next Capital Square trio was demoed couple weeks ago.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Level2 buildings are trashed. I hope they start something soon as well!

Wait - you mean the site demo has taken place? (What was there previously?) Level 2 - now that's the Leigh's Addition building (the big one at A.A. Blvd and Leigh) yes?

Edited by I miss RVA

Nothing is happening to the properties along AA Blvd.  the east side of the boulevard looks as blighted as it ever has.  Now even the Hardee’s is closed.  That stretch has always been so ugly and it’s starting to feel like help isn’t coming. 

the church that was demo’d is along Marshall.  It’s across the street from the  Triangle Players theater. 

Edited by Brent114
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, whw53 said:

Frustrating we have not seen any real site work for the Outlier or the Level 2 Leigh\Ashe Addition project yet. 

I did notice that the small church on Marshall that is a part of the site plan for the next Capital Square trio was demoed couple weeks ago.

Right - this one -- on the property of N. Chasen & Sons -- is the next REALLLLY BIG project for Scott's - this one is THREE buildings - and ALL of them are something like 7 or 8 stories tall if memory serves (no worse than 6 stories), yes? And it straddles Marshall - which is REALLY cool - two of the three buildings will be more or less across the street from each other.

Edited by I miss RVA

On 11/23/2022 at 6:21 PM, I miss RVA said:

Right - this one -- on the property of N. Chasen & Sons -- is the next REALLLLY BIG project for Scott's - this one is THREE buildings - and ALL of them are something like 7 or 8 stories tall if memory serves (no worse than 6 stories), yes? And it straddles Marshall - which is REALLY cool - two of the three buildings will be more or less across the street from each other.

I have Buildings 2 & 3 listed at 7 floors.  Since I do not have Building 1 listed, it must be 5 or under.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Here's your photo, courtesy of Ryan Ramsey of Richmond City Watch (from his Facebook page):

May be an image of outdoors

Thank you, kind sir! I keep forgetting to check his page out to get the latest updates. He has a lot of good stuff on there.

OKAY - this is good. So our VERY unofficial count is FIVE cranes up over the city - 4 tower (boom) cranes and 1 mini-tower crane.

Definitely can't wait for more to start popping up with the new projects either coming on line or still in the pipeline. It'll be a few months before we see CoStar cranes - but maybe Bakery Lofts will have something in the meantime (if they don't use a crawler like they did for the Icon) - and maybe one of the newer developments coming on line in lower Manchester will pop a crane up as well. 

Now if ONLY we could get that Project Formerly Known as The Admiral to bloody well break ground. It's been long enough now. Time to get this one going.

SAY - the new crane at the VCU tech building on Broad -- that's a full boom or a mini? I don't think we've seen a picture of it in its completed form.

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2