Tyler Potterfield Memorial Bridge (Browns Iseland Dam Walk)

meegwell

I was on a bike ride the other day attempting to make the Buttermilk East > Flood Wall connection and was happy to see the path was diverted because work on the Browns Island Dam Walk has begun.  You can see the work from the north side of the river quite clearly I now notice.  I'll take some pictures when the rain lets up.  I'm excited about this project.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got the chance to walk across the T.Pot bridge yesterday.  What a great place to see the city and to be amongst people outside...quite a few people at that (a pleasant surprise).  The views of the skyline were great and it was fun to be so close to the rapids below.  The deck was a bit bright in the sun (probably my only complaint), but overall a super addition to the James River Park System!  While we were there, my boys and I also checked out the Civil War museum (also a great place to visit)!  It was good to be downtown again. I try to go at every chance. Anyway, just wanted to write my review. 

Archived