Princess Anne Commons Growth

757Duke

While the plan for Princess Anne Commons has been out for some time, the southern section of Virginia Beach is really gearing up with development as of late. While still suburban in nature, it has taken a turn towards more vertical development and is making strides towards the campus feel that is desired.Both the Princess Anne Road expansion and Nimmo Parkway extension have been completed, increasing accessibility. Currently, the YMCA, CHKD, and a senior living facility called the Crossings at Independence are under construction. In addition to this, Spence Crossing is building out its neighborhood plan, with completed apartments, a mix of townhouses and condos, as well as retail. Adjacent to the courthouse, there are multiple neighborhood developments in the works, as well as an apartment community behind the Courthouse Marketplace. All of these projects, combined with the future Veteran's facility, will serve to build up the southern part of the city. 

IMG_5976.thumb.JPG.d764d102d75a71d92532b

IMG_5984.thumb.JPG.e826e541a7bc90cffa772

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

City looks to build biomedical park as part of initiative

By Judah Taylor on October 24, 2015  

Southsidedaily.com is your source for free local news and information in Virginia Beach

Virginia Beach could designate 155 acres in Princess Anne Commons for a biomedical research park by the year’s end. The project is part of what the city is calling its BeachBio initiative to diversify its economy with an expansion into that area of research.

(Courtesy of City of Virginia Beach)

Sorry, but for copyright reasons we cannot post full articles to the site. Please repost with a one parargraph excerpt and/or your thoughts along with a direct link to the article. 

I not sure if this was already posted, but it looks like a nice find.

Edited by vdogg
Posted full artcle

• 1 year later...

New public-private partnership proposal for a "massive" 155,000 square-foot outpatient VA facility with 1050 parking spaces located at Princess Anne Commons in the new VABeachBio Research Park.

https://pilotonline.com/news/military/local/rep-scott-taylor-seeking-public-private-parternshp-for-va-medical/article_37aff4b8-e29a-59b8-b9de-b5b6852a3e33.html

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

If you survey the landscape over there for existing quick-serves, McDonalds, TB, CFA, Wendy's exist...BK is not there but not expanding. Same for Arby's and KFC. Could be Steak & Shake, Zaxbys or more likely Panera which is aggressively growing its larger standalone concept with drive-thrus.

Edited by baobabs727

3 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

If you survey the landscape over there for existing quick-serves, McDonalds, TB, CFA, Wendy's exist...BK is not there but not expanding. Same for Arby's and KFC. Could be Steak & Shake, Zaxbys or more likely Panera which is aggressively growing its larger standalone concept with drive-thrus.

You could be right about Panera. The restaurant is proposed for 4,300 SF while the two in VB with drive thrus are 4,160 & 4,361 SF. 

• 1 month later...

The city approved the sale of land for the hotel development last night. Construction is expected to take 18 months and the developer will have the first right of refusal for the phase 2 parcel for three years. The only vote against was Moss who claimed affordable housing should have been considered for the site & that the price was subsidized - despite the city stating the price was based on an appraisal. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

Developer also indicating that the restaurant will be 4500-5500 sq ft & the chain's first location in HR.

Are you basing this off the Pilot article?  If so, I think Alissa misinterpreted the developer. At the meeting Monday night (which is where she’s getting her info) he said “it’s something you don’t have” in response to a concern about vacant spaces along the corridor. I took that as it’s something the neighborhood doesn’t have & isn’t going to leave another empty space. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2019 at 8:19 AM, 23320 said:

Are you basing this off the Pilot article?  If so, I think Alissa misinterpreted the developer. At the meeting Monday night (which is where she’s getting her info) he said “it’s something you don’t have” in response to a concern about vacant spaces along the corridor. I took that as it’s something the neighborhood doesn’t have & isn’t going to leave another empty space. 

Sorry. I don't follow you bud. It's been a good while now but I'm pretty sure I saw the presentation? But if you know something I don't, then cool.

Edited by baobabs727

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A couple more companies are in the early stages of locating at the Bio Park. Asturian, a construction firm, has filed plans for what is described as a corporate HQ at the entrance to Virginia Beach National. Acoustical Sheetmetal has also filed preliminary plans. 

• Like 2