Manchester Development

Richmonopoly

18 hours ago, CitiWalker said:

Well…looks like they just took down the TForce sign.

It's periodic corporate rebranding. About to become UForce. Just wait till they get to ZForce.

13 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

It’s under contract to a buyer. 

Oh, nevermind.

This would be a great location for a super-massive, dozen-story, apartments-on-top-of-grocery-store development. (Not an original idea, even in this thread, but I think it's a good one!)

10 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Coupe - by chance have you heard anything about the couple who own (and live in) that cute little house smack in the middle of one of the blocks? They either weren't going to sell or - perhaps more likely - they were holding out to get the best deal they could. Curious to know if they're part of this.

Something inside of me wants that couple to get a huge bag if they were going to sell. There's something about seizing an opportunity!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RVABizSenseMike said:

I've been hearing rumors for over a year about that parcel being allegedly under contract, but have not been able to confirm it. The various parties involved have told me conflicting things. 

I will say that if I had a nickel for every time I got a tip about a grocer allegedly coming to Manchester over the years, I'd have enough money to open one myself. 

Thanks, Mike!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjp212 said:

Thurston Springs has cleared out the building and fencing is down.  Could Beach Co. be getting ready to build its next project?

More details emerge for redevelopment of Thurston Spring site in Manchester  - Richmond BizSense

Hopefully so!

I guess we'll know definitively if/when fencing goes back up and demo crews come in and start knocking stuff down, and then site work begins. The building next door (it's had like five names since it was announced - I remember it as the Tidewater but I think it had another name after that - Navigator? Or is that the one down near the Silos?) -- anyway - that building's complete and open, yes? What about the Commodore at 7th and Hull - that one's complete as well, yes?

Are there any ACTIVE construction projects going on in Manchester at this time? It's been laying dormant for about a year or more now while Scott's has been off the chain booming. I've been getting the feeling for at least a hot minute now that Manchester is about to wake up and construction's about to really crank up there again fairly soon.

Also - awesome rendering! Have we seen this one before? i'm thinking it's new.

Edited by I miss RVA