Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

4 hours ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

Personally, I think that Minneapolis is a better city than Charlotte.  However, I could not endure those eight month winters.

Have had an open mind (sometimes reluctantly) about your posts, but whats up with the above? Do YOU see anything constructive about it other than an exaggerated secondary statement that does not successfully distract from the first?  Make an argument, with facts, not a baseless opinion on which anyone can tell you are inciting drama based on where you have posted it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nowensone said:

Have had an open mind (sometimes reluctantly) about your posts, but whats up with the above? Do YOU see anything constructive about it other than an exaggerated secondary statement that does not successfully distract from the first?  Make an argument, with facts, not a baseless opinion on which anyone can tell you are inciting drama based on where you have posted it.

If you're so insecure about Charlotte, then you need to consult someone.  In my view, Minneapolis, like many other third tier cities, such as Denver, Austin, Portland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Salt Lake, are better than Charlotte.  

All of the second tier cities (Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Atlanta, and Miami) are better than Charlotte too.  It's my opinion.

Edited by edmundblackadder1999

If you're so insecure about Charlotte, then you need to consult someone.  In my view, Minneapolis, like many other third tier cities, such as Denver, Austin, Portland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Salt Lake, are better than Charlotte.  
All of the second tier cities (Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Atlanta, and Miami) are better than Charlotte too.  It's my opinion.

I can see you argument on some of the second tier cities listed, but Cincinnati? Come on man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

That's true.  I simply stated my opinion.  Not everyone likes old buildings.  I do.

Nonetheless, Hamboner and Lewy apparently were offended that I said other cities were better.  That's absurd.  London is my favorite city, but I would not be offended if people preferred NY or Paris.  I simply wouldn't care.

As someone initially from NY, I regard Clt as a nice little city.  To me, it's tiny, but I like it.  If some of these guys can't take the fact that not everyone thinks it's the next Dubai or Shanghai, then they need mental counseling.

Edited by edmundblackadder1999

48 minutes ago, edmundblackadder1999 said:

Cincinnati, Pittsburg, SLC, and Denver have beautiful old architecture which CLT lacks.  I like old buildings and prefer those cities for that reason.

BS! Charlotte is a much nicer city architecturally speaking with it's very attractive buildings. What is you definition of old?  If you want old, go to Boston, Charleston, or an old city. The ones you mentioned simply are "not" old. You may not have a clue..  

6 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

BS! Charlotte is a much nicer city architecturally speaking with it's very attractive buildings. What is you definition of old?  If you want old, go to Boston, Charleston, or an old city. The ones you mentioned simply are "not" old. You may not have a clue..  

Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
SLC
Denver

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

exactly. But as Dale says CLT really doesn't have much downtown to save so it's a moot point now.

I'm confused as to what CLT doesn't have. I am going to a Broadway play tonight, have a wonderful dinner at one of the excellent uptown restaurants, go for drinks afterwards, etc. What is missing?  If I were going Christmas shopping, I wouldn't go uptown, but I am not, and I prefer CLT to Cincinnati and most other dirtier but equal in size cities. As I have said, not perfect, but still better than most. 

18 minutes ago, Twin Citian said:

Outstate MN, yes. Twin Cities area not so much.  

I think that the Twin Cities were really great before the Somali invasion. I have been going there on business over the past 30 years. But, still not bad. 

1 minute ago, caterpillar2 said:

I'm confused as to what CLT doesn't have. I am going to a Broadway play tonight, have a wonderful dinner at one of the excellent uptown restaurants, go for drinks afterwards, etc. What is missing?  If I were going Christmas shopping, I wouldn't go uptown, but I am not, and I prefer CLT to Cincinnati and most other dirtier but equal in size cities. As I have said, not perfect, but still better than most. 

Christmas shopping would probably rule out about 95% of American downtowns.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caterpillar2 said:

I think that the Twin Cities were really great before the Somali invasion. I have been going there on business over the past 30 years. But, still not bad. 

The comment was about old, reused buildings which CLT has hardly none downtown vs the other listed cities. 

Uptown living is not very good for a city this size but I would say it's taken some pretty positive steps in the last year with more to come. Sure, It's just fine to visit for a play or sports event though. Anyhow that's another thread.

• Like 1