Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

6 minutes ago, nakers2 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those prefab panels are those panels that get scuffed, cracked, and bent very easily by perhaps patio chairs or an errant weed-eater come in contact with them? (hence the wall of the food court patio at Charlotte premium outlets, looks good but shows their cheapness when put under stress)

It will be stone veneer towards the street, so unless people are wielding weed whackers 2-3 floors up, the building should be fine.

28 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It will be stone veneer towards the street, so unless people are wielding weed whackers 2-3 floors up, the building should be fine.

Okay good, I can deal with artificiality as long as its not cheap and used in high traffic areas, I still remember and apartment building I toured that was only two years old but looked to have a decade's worth of wear on it, if anything cheapness or obviously fake turns me off more than overall architectural detail. 

1 hour ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

So what exactly are they doing? Are they literally started on the project? Or just site prep?

It is site prep but the project has started. I think not only do they have the anchor tenant but a timetable to get it done. Full steam ahead on this one. 

• Like 4

The Footing/Foundation permit was issued for this yesterday.  The superstructure looks like it has cleared all the trade reviews, so I would expect the "above ground' portion of the building permits to be issued soon as well.

Essentially at this point, they can start laying rebar/pumping concrete, which is looks like they have brought it equipment over the weekend to do just that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

The Footing/Foundation permit was issued for this yesterday.  The superstructure looks like it has cleared all the trade reviews, so I would expect the "above ground' portion of the building permits to be issued soon as well.

Essentially at this point, they can start laying rebar/pumping concrete, which is looks like they have brought it equipment over the weekend to do just that.

So odd that this has all gone through without even a ground breaking or official announcement.

Edited by Guest

I didn't remember that about the Hearst Tower being underway before it was announced and who was the owner and lead tenant (and is today) one and only  Bank of America. If they are indeed moving jobs from NY or NJ then it will be more quiet no splashy announcements. Just look for the announcement of how much space they take divide by around 350 sq ft and you will get approximate number of employees there and that number might be low (as companies are packing people into their square footage today)  Remember this would be the first BIG Bank anchored building in uptown since the Duke Energy tower or 1 Bank of America Center.   If you need a recent example look at Wells Fargo taking down 287,000 sq ft in Ballantyne with no mention of jobs. Anyone heard of Wells giving up space recently since that announcement? Not any I have heard of it. It is for the same reasons BofA will be cautious and possibly won't make a "Jobs" announcement. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Missmylab4 said:

It's Bank of America and a law firm (I believe Moore & Van Allen), that is getting the building preleased enough to break ground. 

That sounds pretty certain and I'll still be super shocked (despite multiple people claiming BoA) if it is BoA.

Remember Lincoln Harris developed Bank of America Corporate Center with the bank back in the 1990s. They have a long relationship together. Not to mention up until recently Lincoln Harris managed 1/2 their real estate from coast to coast.  The old South Tryon is First Union Wachovia Wells part of town  and North Tryon is Bank of America part of town is over since the CEOs are from all over now. 5 full blocks between BofA CC and the Lincoln Harris site. I believe the branding possibilities of having an NFL stadium with your name on it across the street from a tower you anchor is invaluable. Think of the free tv exposure! 

• Like 1