Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Based on the great shots from KJ, why couldn’t this area continue the hot steak of high rise development? 

I’m just curious, is there anything planned across the freeway as of now?

plus this would gel well with what’s already happening in SE.

B2D47542-3681-443A-B334-F1D0D2FE1B6A.jpeg

Edited by A2.
  • Like 1

Based on the great shots from KJ, why couldn’t this area continue the hot steak of high rise development? 
I’m just curious, is there anything planned across the freeway as of now?
plus this would gel well with what’s already happening in SE.

B2D47542-3681-443A-B334-F1D0D2FE1B6A.thumb.jpeg.84c9db5d8086d089c6efe14e174dd104.jpeg

Spectrum will announce a decently sized project in this shot at Mint and Carson. Also some townhouses. It’s mostly smaller land ownership though. So thought to assemble. Plus this is gold district. The goal is to build something medium density. With lots of authentic uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Spectrum will announce a decently sized project in this shot at Mint and Carson. Also some townhouses. It’s mostly smaller land ownership though. So thought to assemble. Plus this is gold district. The goal is to build something medium density. With lots of authentic uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up RDF! I do believe that anything done (and done right) would stitch together nicely into Uptown. :good:

A2

• Like 1

Will Honeywell top out by the time that the RNC occurs?  I wouldn't see why not.  I don't think that it's a very big building.  I hope that it does, so that Charlotte will look even better in the national spotlight.

They have to pour 12 floors of parking. At least 2-3 weeks per floor. Then 11 floors office at 1.5 weeks per floor. So count top off in about a year if all goes well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 11/3/2019 at 4:30 PM, Miesian Corners said:

:offtopic:From what the Secret Service has said, it's going to be a challenge for Charlotte to look good from any angle (protests, riots, etc...). I plan on watching from a great distance--like from Germany or Switzerland. Or better yet, not watching at all.

Protests and civil disobedience are part of America's roots. Riots are certainly unfortunate when directed toward personal property or innocent bystanders. The city definitely took a risk when choosing to host what's essentially a nomination party for a highly inflammatory head of state. In a weird way though, as the saying goes, any publicity is good publicity. A few broken windows on Tryon might be worth the price in public exposure for a city that is, by all intents and purposes, still a pleasant surprise to a lot of people when they come visit. 

With that being said, I think we should keep the political posts to a minimum, what happens on the streets should not distract from whats going up, the skyline shots will be plentiful and amazing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Will be building

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:o....I KNEW It

4 hours ago, Mgelbach said:

FCF8BC36-A19B-42BF-8A46-71871A333BD3.jpeg

I can see a helicopter landing and a jailhouse all in one pic. Just two blocks from each other...talk about innovative! 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Will it be office or hotel/residential?

will be building

I'm not sure if you have noticed, but this complex follows whatever way the winds blow. They will likely build office, until there is no longer office demand. If there is no longer office demand currently, I'd imagine they build hotel first, residential second. I would imagine likely build out going forward it 1 resi, 1 hotel, 1 office, and one more parking deck :-o. But that could easily become 2 office instead, depending on if folks continue to pick Charlotte as their expansion destination. 

Edited by Guest

It would be amazing if they added an actual attraction instead of hotel/office. Like a multi use building like how The Mint Museum has a huge museum with retail space along with apartments on top. There needs to be more diverse ground level space instead of just restaurants. 

• Like 3