Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

15 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

C3A58402-1278-461D-B026-4BA90C61E1A5.thumb.jpeg.e6284fd08a74d73d552816e352927009.jpeg

GarageofAmerica: $40

LYNX Round Trip: $4.40

It's funny because I was literally having this argument with someone at work the other day. I lamented about the massive deck at legacy and they said something to the effect of "they probably did it for the panthers so it's cheaper to park on gameday" *insert eye roll emoji here*

Big parking decks do NOT benefit the public, they only go to line pockets. Once the people of a city have been programmed to accept high parking rates they will question less why the number of decks has increased, but the cost has gone up. 

On a semi related note, if someone parked at the Whole Foods to go "shopping" and then went to the game, returning a few hours later to have lunch there, and then validated their ticket, could they hypothetically get two hours of parking free still? Or is the hourly rate jacked to where it wouldn't make sense to do this (because you'd be there more than two hours obviously)

35 minutes ago, nakers2 said:

I

On a semi related note, if someone parked at the Whole Foods to go "shopping" and then went to the game, returning a few hours later to have lunch there, and then validated their ticket, could they hypothetically get two hours of parking free still? Or is the hourly rate jacked to where it wouldn't make sense to do this (because you'd be there more than two hours obviously)

I would not do that unless you really like to pay for parking. I once stayed about 2.5 hours and even with the validation it was like $5 for that half hour.  There is cheaper Panthers parking on surface lots and garages just a few more blocks away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

I would not do that unless you really like to pay for parking. I once stayed about 2.5 hours and even with the validation it was like $5 for that half hour.  There is cheaper Panthers parking on surface lots and garages just a few more blocks away. 

I saw a few $50-$65 lots 

17 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nice shot! I have to say the cantilever definitely seems much less pronounced than Spectrum's

Two things.

The Curtainwall on DEC accentuates the cantilever more than it would by itself. 

The geometry of a shorter building allows for a more drastic looking cantilever.  If this building did that it would hit the Ally building besides breaking the laws of physics with its structure. 

• Like 1