Nashville food and beverage scene

smeagolsfree

New Restaurants coming soon courtesy of NashToday:

Church and Union, 201 4th Ave. N. | Chef Jamie Lynch’s new concept expected to open later this summer

Chark’s Laneside Diner, 1508 Gallatin Pk. S. | Diner coming to Eastside Bowl this fall

Emery, 2500 12th Ave. S. | Wood-fired cuisine + craft cocktails coming to 12 South in mid-September

Molly’s Cupcakes, Opry Mills + TBA | Chicago-based cupcake biz plotting 3 area locations, including 1 inside Opry Mills

Raising Cane’s, 36 White Bridge Rd. | Louisiana-based chain known for its chicken tenders planning first Tennessee location in White Bridge area

Red Perch, 4101 Charlotte Ave., G120 | Seafood restaurant coming to Sylvan Supply

Roberta’s, 2405 12th Ave. S. | Brooklyn-based pizzeria planning to transition from pop-up to permanent location

Rooftop Bar + Supper Club, Fifth + Broadway | Swanky dining destination backed by Justin Timberlake opening 2 new concepts next month

Snooze A.M. Eatery, 975 Main St. | Opening date TBA at East Nashville food hall Hunters Station

Teriyaki Madness, 7115 Southpoint Pkwy. | Made-to-order bowls at new location opening Thurs., Aug. 26

The Butter Milk Ranch, 2407 12th Ave S. A bakery offering brunch and lunch is setting up shop soon in 12 South.

The Wash, 1101 McKennie Ave. | Eastside Pho, Soy Cubano, and more on tap for new East Nashville micro-kitchen expected to open later this year.

The Dutch + Carne Mare, 300 12th Ave. S. | 2 new restaurants by James Beard Award-winning chef Andrew Carmellini coming this fall inside W Nashville

Tomacco Tacos + Tequila, 1120 4th Ave. N. | Street tacos, tequila, and a Dolly Parton mural coming to Germantown by the end of August

• Like 3

On 8/31/2021 at 7:19 AM, markhollin said:

New Restaurants coming soon courtesy of NashToday:

Church and Union, 201 4th Ave. N. | Chef Jamie Lynch’s new concept expected to open later this summer

Chark’s Laneside Diner, 1508 Gallatin Pk. S. | Diner coming to Eastside Bowl this fall

Emery, 2500 12th Ave. S. | Wood-fired cuisine + craft cocktails coming to 12 South in mid-September

Molly’s Cupcakes, Opry Mills + TBA | Chicago-based cupcake biz plotting 3 area locations, including 1 inside Opry Mills

Raising Cane’s, 36 White Bridge Rd. | Louisiana-based chain known for its chicken tenders planning first Tennessee location in White Bridge area

Red Perch, 4101 Charlotte Ave., G120 | Seafood restaurant coming to Sylvan Supply

Roberta’s, 2405 12th Ave. S. | Brooklyn-based pizzeria planning to transition from pop-up to permanent location

Rooftop Bar + Supper Club, Fifth + Broadway | Swanky dining destination backed by Justin Timberlake opening 2 new concepts next month

Snooze A.M. Eatery, 975 Main St. | Opening date TBA at East Nashville food hall Hunters Station

Teriyaki Madness, 7115 Southpoint Pkwy. | Made-to-order bowls at new location opening Thurs., Aug. 26

The Butter Milk Ranch, 2407 12th Ave S. A bakery offering brunch and lunch is setting up shop soon in 12 South.

The Wash, 1101 McKennie Ave. | Eastside Pho, Soy Cubano, and more on tap for new East Nashville micro-kitchen expected to open later this year.

The Dutch + Carne Mare, 300 12th Ave. S. | 2 new restaurants by James Beard Award-winning chef Andrew Carmellini coming this fall inside W Nashville

Tomacco Tacos + Tequila, 1120 4th Ave. N. | Street tacos, tequila, and a Dolly Parton mural coming to Germantown by the end of August

I have literally told some friends of mine who visited Nashville over the summer that whatever they want to eat they likely have it there unless it’s In-N-Out of course. Nashville’s food scene has literally exploded from nothing, back when I was a kid (which was like the mid to late 2000s) there wasn’t much variety at all so it has really grown fast. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

I have literally told some friends of mine who visited Nashville over the summer that whatever they want to eat they likely have it there unless it’s In-N-Out of course. Nashville’s food scene has literally exploded from nothing, back when I was a kid (which was like the mid to late 2000s) there wasn’t much variety at all so it has really grown fast. 

Nashville, has a bit of everything. The only weak part of Nashville is the authentic Asian foods, excluding Thai and Vietnamese restaurants. Nashville has some decent Latin American food outside of TX and CA. Arguably, Tennessee is starting to look like a mini TX with the current Latin and Hispanic population growth. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MagicPotato said:

Nashville, has a bit of everything. The only weak part of Nashville is the authentic Asian foods, excluding Thai and Vietnamese restaurants. Nashville has some decent Latin American food outside of TX and CA. Arguably, Tennessee is starting to look like a mini TX with the current Latin and Hispanic population growth. 

There are also some great Korean places already here.

• Like 1

Nashville is strong for it's size in several types of international cuisine, and very weak for others.   I could be wrong, but to me Nashville really has almost nothing when it comes to Moroccan, Peruvian, Colombian, Brazilian, Portuguese, West African, Greek, Scandinavian, German, Polish, Russian, Armenian, Korean, Indonesian, Malay, Burmese, Persian, Filipino, Korean, Japanese beyond sushi/hibachi, and several others.  Now, don't get me wrong, most of these aren't going to be super abundant even in huge metropolises, but I'm just making the point that, at least for food nerds like myself, Nashville has a ways to go before we can really make the claim that one can find 'anything' in Nashville.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Nashville is strong for it's size in several types of international cuisine, and very weak for others.   I could be wrong, but to me Nashville really has almost nothing when it comes to Moroccan, Peruvian, Colombian, Brazilian, Portuguese, West African, Greek, Scandinavian, German, Polish, Russian, Armenian, Korean, Indonesian, Malay, Burmese, Persian, Filipino, Korean, Japanese beyond sushi/hibachi, and several others.  Now, don't get me wrong, most of these aren't going to be super abundant even in huge metropolises, but I'm just making the point that, at least for food nerds like myself, Nashville has a ways to go before we can really make the claim that one can find 'anything' in Nashville.

Nashville does have really good Thai food compared to other cities of its size. Our African cuisine isn't bad either, but as you said Nashville is a little lopsided when comes to authentic cuisine. Most of the stuff in Nashville is either fine dining, or Americanized "fusion" crap. Not saying Americanized cuisine is bad, but I prefer the authentic stuff.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

There are cities larger than Nashville that I have been to that have less cuisine options which is crazy. Like I was in Phoenix in June and it was 90% Mexican food (which is fantastic there but like I’m saying Nashville has a lot for it’s size). Also finding southeast Asian food anywhere on the east coast, even in New York can be tricky. We JUST had our first Indonesian restaurant open here in Miami.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2021 at 6:29 PM, MagicPotato said:

raising cane’s is adding another location on lower broadway. That’s a pretty smart move.

And I take issue with the earlier post that said their White Bridge Road location will be the first Raising Cane's in Tennessee.  There's already a Raising Cane's in Knoxville.  They're also opening a location in Cookeville.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Meanwhile, little Cookeville has two Filipino restaurants, one which is also a Filipino/Asian grocery store / market where I can get my calamansi juice, corn ice cream, prawn crackers, and passionfruit Kit Kat fix.  A Taste of the Philippines (the one that's just a restaurant) has regular Boodle Fights.  There are also four very good, very authentic Thai restaurants in town, a wonderful Korean place, and an excellent Vietnamese restaurant downtown around the corner from an Indian restaurant where everything is homemade by a sweet little Indian grandmother.  There's even a place with Japanese crepes and rolled ice cream.  I grew up in the Philippines and Hong Kong and love having these places around.  It's actually one of the reasons I enjoy Cookeville so much.  I suppose there might be more "authentic" Thai and Filipino places in Nashville, but I doubt it.  We also have Venezuelan and Peruvian restaurants in Cookeville.  Alas, our Egyptian restaurant didn't last through the covid shutdown although the guy who ran it said he might reopen sometime soon.  (The building is now another Thai restaurant.)

Peut être une image de une personne ou plus et intérieur

Peut être une image de 8 personnes, personnes assises, personnes debout, aliment et intérieur

Aucune description de photo disponible.

Peut être une image de aliment et intérieur

Peut être une image de chow mein et texte qui dit ’Duck noodle RICE TIME BISTRO’

I live in Cookeville as well. Do you mind posting a list of your favorite locally-owned restaurants up here? I think I know most of the ones you referenced, but wanted to ask anyway! Thanks! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Meanwhile, little Cookeville has two Filipino restaurants, one which is also a Filipino/Asian grocery store / market where I can get my calamansi juice, corn ice cream, prawn crackers, and passionfruit Kit Kat fix.  A Taste of the Philippines (the one that's just a restaurant) has regular Boodle Fights.  There are also four very good, very authentic Thai restaurants in town, a wonderful Korean place, and an excellent Vietnamese restaurant downtown around the corner from an Indian restaurant where everything is homemade by a sweet little Indian grandmother.  There's even a place with Japanese crepes and rolled ice cream.  I grew up in the Philippines and Hong Kong and love having these places around.  It's actually one of the reasons I enjoy Cookeville so much.  I suppose there might be more "authentic" Thai and Filipino places in Nashville, but I doubt it.  We also have Venezuelan and Peruvian restaurants in Cookeville.  Alas, our Egyptian restaurant didn't last through the covid shutdown although the guy who ran it said he might reopen sometime soon.  (The building is now another Thai restaurant.)

Peut être une image de une personne ou plus et intérieur

Peut être une image de 8 personnes, personnes assises, personnes debout, aliment et intérieur

Aucune description de photo disponible.

Peut être une image de aliment et intérieur

Peut être une image de chow mein et texte qui dit ’Duck noodle RICE TIME BISTRO’

The bigger Nashville gets, the more appealing Cookeville becomes! 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/9/2021 at 9:47 PM, LA_TN said:

The bigger Nashville gets, the more appealing Cookeville becomes! 

We're closed!  Only kidding,  One thing that does confound me...and indirectly connected to this topic:  the lack of Nashville-based restaurants here e.g. , brands from Fresh Hospitality like Martin's, Big Bad Breakfast or Tazikis (there has been talk of 55 South coming to town, but please...no thanks).  Fresh Hospitality owns Taco Mac, that would be a dream come true almost anywhere north and/or west of Chattanooga in the mid-state.  Restaurants like Jonathan's Grille or any lunch/brunch venue like Big Bad Breakfast would kill it here....as they'd be well above any competition.

Oh well, we do have great local restaurants...so, one shouldn't complain or rue over greener grass.

• Like 3