The Plaza

Tim3167

• 2 weeks later...

Hella yeah. And with them vacating their building on Central, it increases the probability of the 205 Central project if the lots can be combined.

Nevermind, just read the article, they are keeping their current location.

Edited by jack

Does anyone know the number of investors that purchased at the salaire. Thanks in advance.

According to one of the Sales rep at Trandition Tower who was also involved with this project. She said it was alot of investors and she expects a lot of rentals once its done. She made it seem like it would be all rentals.

• 3 weeks later...

I moved from Orlando to San Diego (God, why did I let this happen!) last fall and just cam back to O-Town last week for a spontaneous visit.

I am amazed at the changes that happened since I left and above all, I love what has happened in downtown with Premiere Trade Plaza

The density I see when driving to downtown from South Orlando around Suntrust/City Commons is excellent

Premiere Trade Plaza tallest office tower certainly gives Signature Plaza quite a beotch slap there

My gripe, more than anything, is my annoyance as the stubbiness of Solaire

When viewing the Orlando skyline from Millenia or hauling ass from Maitland, you can see Solaire but it so stubby it almost sickens me

Why in God's name could Solaire not been about 7-10 floors more?

I think it would have made that cluster all the better but it almost feels like a high rise being built that just stopped construction one day

Just imagine if Solaire was Tradition Tower/Vue height and how it would look

I getting weepy just thinking about it

Otherwise, love the project, will be the first real element of the rebirth downtown and with 55W, Vue, TT, Dynetech, Rosalind and oh so very much more, I cannot wait until the day I am allowed to return again

Thank God Dyer bent the Historic Preservation Board over and didn't use the vaseline, otherwise we would all still being be smelling the fresh aroma of rotten coming from the old on Church St

Kudos

My gripe, more than anything, is my annoyance as the stubbiness of Solaire

When viewing the Orlando skyline from Millenia or hauling ass from Maitland, you can see Solaire but it so stubby it almost sickens me

Why in God's name could Solaire not been about 7-10 floors more?

I think it would have made that cluster all the better but it almost feels like a high rise being built that just stopped construction one day

Just imagine if Solaire was Tradition Tower/Vue height and how it would look

Everybody should start writing nasty letters to Cameron Kuhn. Really let him have it for being such a third rate piker and sticking us with yet another disappointing, unimpressive looking stub on our city's skyline. Screw that fat shmuck. If he couldn't afford to build it right, he shouldn't have built it at all.

Everybody should start writing nasty letters to Cameron Kuhn. Really let him have it for being such a third rate piker and sticking us with yet another disappointing, unimpressive looking stub on our city's skyline. Screw that fat shmuck. If he couldn't afford to build it right, he shouldn't have built it at all.

There you go armchair quarterbacking again. I have had the privledge of working with the finest group of people you have ever met to build this project. Everyone has worked tirelessly sometimes two and three days late so your fuc*!ng no good opinion can be expressed. I personally spent the last three years of my life building this tower, so sorry if I'm a little offended, what have you done? Instead of writing letters to Mr Cameron Kuhn why don't you go write out your long list of insecurities and build a tower with that. Or perhaps take the list of goals and dreams that you never achieved and see what that will build you.

There you go armchair quarterbacking again. I have had the privledge of working with the finest group of people you have ever met to build this project. Everyone has worked tirelessly sometimes two and three days late so your fuc*!ng no good opinion can be expressed. I personally spent the last three years of my life building this tower, so sorry if I'm a little offended, what have you done? Instead of writing letters to Mr Cameron Kuhn why don't you go write out your long list of insecurities and build a tower with that. Or perhaps take the list of goals and dreams that you never achieved and see what that will build you.

I got the impression that JFW was kidding...

Obviously, Premiere Trade is an incredible thing for Orlando, and while there's always going to be an 'if only', nearly everyone here recognizes that the Plaza is a stepping stone towards an entirely new generation of growth downtown. If he was serious, a wake up call is in order.

I got the impression that JFW was kidding...

Obviously, Premiere Trade is an incredible thing for Orlando, and while there's always going to be an 'if only', nearly everyone here recognizes that the Plaza is a stepping stone towards an entirely new generation of growth downtown. If he was serious, a wake up call is in order.

There wasn't a bit of joking in that post, re-read it.

So, if you've spent the last three years working on this project maybe you can provide some insight as to the size of the project. 1) Was it height limits? 2) Was it available financing? 3) Was it developer preference?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I believe that the Orlando CBD can support taller buildings, but there have to be external circumstances that have prevented greater heights.

So, if you've spent the last three years working on this project maybe you can provide some insight as to the size of the project. 1) Was it height limits? 2) Was it available financing? 3) Was it developer preference?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I believe that the Orlando CBD can support taller buildings, but there have to be external circumstances that have prevented greater heights.

IMO, I think the powers that be at Suntrust knocked the height down a bit. I am probably wrong, though. I can't get that conversation out of my head with that re-insurer I know who had an office in Citrus Center, who told me about that "gentleman's agreement" between City and Sunbank when it was built. Maybe an urban legend. If I'm right, they kept it from getting taller as to not block the upper floors' view of Lake Eola. I also don't think TT was in contemplation at the time either, b/c now that would be a moot point, since TT will block everyone's view once built. so, correct me if I'm wrong.

With all due respect, I thought it was pretty obvious JFW was being sarcastic in response to wally (who posted immediately before JFW) and other forumers still complaining about the building's height. It wasn't funny, but at least he wasn't serious.

With all due respect, I thought it was pretty obvious JFW was being sarcastic in response to wally (who posted immediately before JFW) and other forumers still complaining about the building's height. It wasn't funny, but at least he wasn't serious.

And if that was the case than I will be the first to apologize, but after re-reading it I still dont see the attempt at humor or sarcasm. Here's the thing, we all know what opinions are like, but when the same people offer the same negative contributions time and time again it gets a little old. How do we argue that we are not an "International City" to the point of audnosium and then nitpick the single largest contribution to the cities rebirth? It just seems ironic.

I'm going to let it go but please understand my frustration when I constantly read criticism on things that I have worked very hard on.

That said, JFW I appologize for not seeking clarification as to the tone in which you made your post. No harm, no foul.