The Homemade Renderings Thread

EngineerNole

The screenshots above are from December 2005 so they're pretty outdated. I'm pretty sure I posted screenshots of the new Lutheran complex elsewhere on this forum, though not exactly sure where.

Believe it or not, I find it much easier and more enjoyable to model new developments in Google Earth than to modify the 2-D map in Photoshop, so my GE model is updated whenever news breaks on this forum. I've been slacking on the 2-D map ever since I took on the project of modeling downtown.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated map with proposals of Orlando Lutheran Towers and The Dolive. Due to a technical issue, I was not able to change the status of CNL II (6) from under construction (orange) to recently developed (blue).

constructionmap108dz.jpg

LEGEND

Blue - Recently Developed

Orange - Under Construction

Teal - Proposed

1. City View Apartments

2. Hughes Square

3. Eola South

4. OUC North Central Energy Building

5. Lynx Central Station

6. CNL II

7. Osceola Brownstones

8. The Jackson

9. The Sanctuary

10. Premiere Trade Plaza & Solaire

11. The Vue

12. The Cornerstone

13. US Federal Courthouse

14. FAMU College of Law

15. Orlando City Place

16. Performing Arts Center

17. Star Tower

18. The Paramount

19. Tradition Towers

20. 55 West

21. Dynetech Centre

22. Jefferson Street Garage

23. The Presidential

24. 217 N. Eola

25. Ridgley Manor

26. Center Place

27. Orange Court

28. The M

29. North Orange

30. 801 N. Orange

31. The Ivanhoe

32. Sky Towers

33. 101 and 201 South Eola

34. Capital Plaza III

35. Monarch

36. Eola Place

37. 305 S. Eola Dr.

38. The Corinthian

39. 320 Palmetto

40. Bank Building at Orange & Robinson

41. Orlando Lutheran Towers Phase A

42. Orlando Lutheran Towers Phase B

43. Orlando Lutheran Towers Phase C

44. The Dolive

• 2 months later...

bic, you're the man

I wish I could contribute more to this forum other than an encouraging word here and there, but being out of orlando for almost 3 years now and being busy all the time has left me completely outta the loop.

Hope to contribute more in the coming yrs when I move back.

enough personal ranting...

I LOVE being able to forsee the future of downtown. That "future" skyline is only 3 years away. Imagine in just 5 years what we'll see... sky's the limit, orlando is really becoming a "real" city.

I colored The Monarch orange when demo began on the church back in the day because I thought that was a sign of the construction process beginning. Then I realized that construction wasn't actually taking place but left it as orange because all signs pointed to it beginning soon. Nowadays I suppose it should go back to being teal but I neglected to acknowledge it in the last update.

Sorta the same thing with the Federal Courthouse. I realize I made an error in modeling its design as it is waaaay too big but I'm always too lazy to fix it. I'll do my best to address these issues in the next update. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated the Google Earth model. Here's the future of Downtown Orlando:

Today

5280614si.jpg

With Projects Under Construction

5280629kp.jpg

The Crossed Fingers Version of the Future Downtown Orlando

5280635cc.jpg

If we get all of thoes built our skyline will be better then Jax and Tampa combined

There is a new beta version of Google Earth out, dubbed Google Earth 4. One of the coolest new features is the ability to add textures to 3D building models, as seen in the examples below:

3dtexturedlarge.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

Download the new beta here and keep an eye out for a more detailed representation of Downtown Orlando.

IMO I think orlando will start to look alot like vancouver if all those buildings come together. Alot of buildings in the 300-400ft range, none of which really stand out individually, but as a whole make the city look real dense.

Also, Vancouver looks great on street level, sans the endless glass condos. I think the city is on the right track, despite it's lack of uniformity and height.

Can't wait to see some fully rendered google earth models.

• 4 months later...

I've started to update the Google Earth by adding new buildings, revising some current ones, adjusting heights, etc. but there's some information that I'm lacking since I was recently out of town for a month and have fallen a bit behind on what's currently happening. I need the following information in order to complete the update, which I will then share with the board and the new orlandoskyscrapers.com:

All of the latest renderings, site plans, elevations, and heights for:

-205 East Central

-OUC

-BBIF

-Magnolia Circle

-421 Eola

-445 North Magnolia

-CNL III

I also need an update on whether these projects have started construction:

-Orange Court

-Robinson/Orange

-205 Eola

-Terrace

I've checked out sunshine's "revision list" thread which was really helpful, but I need a bit more information as to the status of certain projects and more renderings in order to accurately model the buildings. I've also tried searching and looking through old threads but some of this stuff is really hard to find (try searching for "OUC" and see what you get).

Here's a preview shot of the model showing the infamous parcel between Waverly and The Paramount:

southeolazj9.jpg

Archived